All My Hubs A Year Ago

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (40 posts)
  1. jackie56 profile image57
    jackie56posted 12 years ago

Dear sir, madam,
    I was surprised seeing all my hubs a year go have a notice
    stating it should be revised before it can be published. Would you please advised about what is the reason about this?
    Thank you so much,
    Best regards,
    Jackie56

1. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All of your hubs contained content that you copied from other sites. That's a big no-no here at HubPages.

1. vietnamvet68 profile image60
        vietnamvet68posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh but they forgot to tell you the hubpage idiots only go after certain people that copy stuff, yet they let others do it all the time and they even feature it. WHAT A BIG JOKE HUB PAGES HAS BECOME

I think what's happening here is that their system isn't very good at ferreting out dupe content. That leaves it up to the unlucky hubbers who are HubHopping and a handful of moderators to wade through the 3,000+ hubs per day being published and the gazillion out there that have been published over the past four years. Some people are getting called on dupe content and others have managed to fly under the radar.

I agree it's not fair, but I also don't believe there's bias going on either.

2. darkside profile image64
          darksideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sooner rather than later, that stuff will be picked up with their automatic filtering. If you see it you can speed along the process by flagging it if you feel that passionate about it.

3. BobbiRant profile image60
          BobbiRantposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well maybe not but I think the HP owners CAN see a 'featured' hub, up there plain as day.    Hmmmmmmm.

2. Teylina profile image60
    Teylinaposted 12 years ago

Have one like Jackie56, and: Not the same thing--only started 3-4 mos ago: why is everything I've pub'd marked "edit" in black and at the bottom of my accts pg it says "irrevocable" (I think) in black. That's new. Can someone help both of us at once? (Thanks, J56)

1. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This will be interesting. I just noticed the "irrevocable" at the bottom too, though none of my hubs are marked as such.

If it means what I think it means, then there is no chance of republishing the hub again.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If all your hubs are blacked out that means they can't be fixed, the icon at the bottom appears on every hubbers page in the legend. There is also an edit button beside everyone's hub so you can edit your hub...

3. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Read this link and as much as you can of the following thread.  There have been many discussions about the topic since then in the forums, and if you run a search using terms like "irrevocable," you may be able to find some of what you are looking for.  Hope you get the answers you need!

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/69780#post1520482

4. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Jackie56, didn't you receive an email from Hubpages saying why your hubs needed revision?  I had a couple of mine unpublished as well, and I received an email from Hubpages stating why my hubs were taken down.  If you didn't receive a notification, email Hubpages and ask why.  Go to this page to send your email.  I wish you luck.

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

Nope. I'm telling you -- she's a content thief. One of her hubs was in the hopper yesterday. I flagged her, and I'm sure other people did too. She just managed to get away with it until now.

1. WriteAngled profile image75
        WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hooray! Glad to see positive proof that hub hopping has an impact.

I'm still annoyed that more than a year ago I flagged a hub, which consisted of extracts from a Wikipedia article. Nothing ever happened, the hub is still there, and the author has a high score.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Might be different this time if you flag it again.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image66
            theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know....I flagged "Doublewide69" profile and her one sorry hub two weeks ago and she's still there. lol smile

I'll betcha they don't take that down. Only one or two sentences is dupe, and it's just a hair over 250 words. There are some spelling issues, but not enough to make the hub unreadable. (BTW, almost every site has a percentage they allow -- usually 15% or less -- of dupe content. I don't know what HP's limit is though.)

I think the whole think is a hilarious satire, and the author is probably some stick-thin guy, like Mark Ewbie. Did you read the profile? Too funny!!! I'd read more!

1. theherbivorehippi profile image66
                theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol...I read it to my mom the other day when she came for a visit.  She said the same thing that the person is probably super skinny...and a man. smile

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
                Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love that profile!! Best ever.  And the hub has promise...

Just goes to show the perils of being a moderator.

"I'll get you with my grabber".  Brilliant.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
                  Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just read that. LOLOL.

3. wilderness profile image94
                wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OMG, I'm still laughing.  I GOTTA get me a grabber, too! lol

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
                  Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol hilarious!!!

5. Teylina profile image60

Thanks for info to J56 (therefore, me, too). Re "blacked out" I'm w/out my own computer for a while and having to use a Mac desktop which is somewhat limited--esp on HP, I think. There's no way I can do a word check, but pretty sure all at least 50 wds. No emails re anything wrong. I did check out the copyright area and chose one, but it doesn't appear on pub'd hubs and not sure how to attach--Could that be a reason the "irrevocable" is blackened? Hubs not unpub'd, no warnings, just that 'edit' button next to each blackened like the irrevocable. darkside, thank you, I hadn't thought of that but your comment is what reminded me of the cprt. Didn't think it applied unless showed. Aficionada, I tried going to that link when read your answer; can't get there from here now, but will definitely check later. Only couple of hubs are from others, and full attribution is made (as in my "why did I keep it?" series.

1. wilderness profile image94

If (and it's a big IF) I read your post right, you have copied articles from somewhere else.  If so, it will not be allowed on HP regardless of any attribution.

If the article was actually written by someone else and copied without their specific permission it is also theft whether attributed or not and is both illegal and unethical in the extreme.  It is one thing to copy a phrase or two with attribution and quite another to copy an article.

I might suggest as well that some of your hubs are mis-categorized, or may be found that way by moderators.  I suspect that your series on daydreams should be in the poetry category, not health, and that HP will demand that.

1. Teylina profile image60
        Teylinaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, wilderness! Just glad the first two paras don't apply to me! Miscategorization could definitely be my problem, however; got enough trouble trying to figure out everything else! I've got to admit I have trouble categorizing; often, I can't find or not sure what I want.

1. wilderness profile image94

Good!  I wasn't sure from your earlier post whether you had copied or not.  Many people think it is all right to copy material and re-post - in another thread I reported where a webmaster told us all that everything on the web was free for any use we wanted and that we did not have a copyright on our content.  Not true, but some do have that misconception.

And yes, categorizing is a problem for me, too.  I often just don't know where to put something.  Many hubs are easy, but some are from that.

Re-reading your post, in reference to the 50 word length.  I believe you may be confusing a requirement that each amazon product link (link, not capsule) must have 50 words of text somewhere to balance it.  Total text on a hub should be at least 300 words, except perhaps for poetry, and that is pretty minimal.  Although many will disagree, nearly all of my own non-sales hubs are over 1000 words total.

6. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 12 years ago

Irrevocable means that no matter what you do to that hub, it will not be republished.  The decision by the moderators is irrevocable.

Even if it's still pub'd? In other words, if I need to change the title or find a typo, I cannot edit and republish? It must stay pub'd as is. Right? Horrors!

7. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

I thought irrevocable could also mean dodgy linking?  Not just for copied stuff but other goings on?

Might be that HP could choose a better word, because it's not one I use in daily life.  How about Terminated?

Mark, you use "terminated" in daily life?  I use "Dead" .. maybe one word might not be enough.. maybe a whole sentence like "THIS HUB IS DEAD. NO AMOUNT OF RESUSCITATION CAN MAKE IT COME ALIVE AGAIN.  DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!"  How's that? big_smile big_smile big_smile

2. Teylina profile image60

Rosie, I like you! But if it's dead, why is it still published? Also,  has nothing to do with copied stuff. I haven't done that except on two shorts w/explanation about why using and definite credit. My hubs are all originals and still marked that way and published! I'm confused. If they're dead, don't they come off? Doesn't there have to be a reason to kill 'em?

Sorry Teylina, I wasn't making fun of you.  Ok, let's see.. it shows you have 14 hubs published.  Did you have more than 14 hubs before?  Because if we can read them all, that means all your hubs are published and they are ok.

Rosie, please make fun! I'm the 1st to admit I should be the brunt of a joke! No, all are still pub'd, and the  one I am working on is still showing as in the edit stage, unpub'd.  That's why I'm baffled, because all can be read. Anyway, don't waste your time reading all mine--believe me, they are all there, and I have no doubt that some day, some way, all will work out. Thanks for checking out and answering. All of you have been so helpful. I've been out of town w/mother for few days and just getting back on. Hey, as long as they're not "dead" as in UNpub'd, I'm happy!

8. Charlu profile image78
    Charluposted 12 years ago

OK seriously just read doublewide69's profile and hub and I can't stop laughing.  I would say I want a grabber, but that just doesn't sound right at all.  Anyway people need to stop copying other writers WORK because it really is time consuming to get it deleted and it really pisses me off. Sorry 2 in the last two weeks and they never go for the ones that are on pg 4 nooooooo it has to be #1 or 2

The good news is with all the changes I have two articles that I haven't done crap with in over a year because they were in never never land (to buried in pages to bother with) that are now on the first page. Holy guacamole

Thanks DW69 I think you may have cured my writers block

9. Teylina profile image60

I should never have asked my question thru another! OK. To me, irrevocable means it cannot be changed. Yet those same hub are blacked as "edit" to the left. If irrevocable means "dead," which is also logical, why are they still published? I DO NOT COPY OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK!!!!! Certainly not other hubbers! The only copying I've done are under the title, "Why Did I Keep It?" referring to something someone did, and to whom I gave credit, but was a sharing of something, to me, unusual. Am I just stupid or misunderstanding or, as always, technologically-challenged?!?

1. lakeerieartists profile image64
      lakeerieartistsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I don't know what you are referring to, but these are questions that can only be answered by the Hubpages team.  No one in the forums can answer them.

If your hub is marked irrevocable, then it has been unpublished, and cannot be republished.  That decision has been made by the moderators.

There is more than one reason that hubs get unpublished.  You need to read the TOS to understand what is permissible on this site.

lakeerieartists, I fully appreciate your answer. I do understand there is more than one reason the team decides to unpublish something, but that is what baffles me. None of mine have beenl. I read the TOS and have followed. I like your saying the team has to explain. I won't bother fellow hubbers any more w/questions I'm lost on, no matter where I look. THNX!

Teylina, all your hubs are ok.  The "edit" sign to the left are there so that if you want to edit your hub, you can click on that edit sign.  All our hubs in our account page have the edit sign.  It does not mean you need to edit your hubs.  All your hubs are ok.

Oh, bless you, Rosie, me luv! I guess I was just confused because of the "irrevocable" blacked out w/the edit--told you I was "challenged"! - Hah! Great! Now I know I can edit those dumb typos and titles I need to change! Thnx!

You're welcome, Teylina.  lol you are not "challenged".. there are some things that new hubbers find confusing.  I was also confused when I first started.  So keep on writing and edit as you please.  I, too, edit my hubs a lot as many times I see typos after publishing.  Have fun!

10. Teylina profile image60

If I have half as much fun as your photo looks like you're having, I'll have a blast. Somehow, I think that is you; if it isn't, looks like how I envision you. Thnkx for the boost and info: now I'm outta here to have fun reading and writing!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)