jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

English Fail

1. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I decided to do some hubhopping over my morning coffee, and came across a soup recipe. Needless to say, my laptop is now covered with coffee.

The recipe calls for "plain floor" and "black peeper," and requires the reader to "boil water in a cattle."

(Sorry to whoever owns this hub. This was not intended to hurt your feelings. If you would like help with your English, please contact me.)

1. WriteAngled profile image93
      WriteAngledposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wonderful! Sounds like some of the recipes on the Dukan website smile

2. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Least it wasn't boil cattle in water? It must be hard for any hubber who does not have English as their first language (I certainly could not write a hub in French!), are there any tools out there to help translation?

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Sounds like they're doing a phonetic translation. The grammar itself wasn't bad -- just the spelling. But it was hilarious!!!

1. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it was ment to be hilarious...

1. lrohner profile image85
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well then, they certainly succeeded!

4. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Another example of great written English: 'Personal use of mobile phones is certain electromagnetic radiation, it was still concerned, so a headset way'

Again, no wish to hurt feelings, but this hub was also very short and comprised entirely of sentences that read like the one above. These hubs will be flagged and probably pulled down

working