jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)

Adsense low paying adverts

1. christoss1959 profile image70
    christoss1959posted 5 years ago

For the last few weeks my adsense click ratio has increased considerably but the payments from the adverts are way down. I used to get 10-80 pence per click now I get 0-7 pence per click so I end up earning considerably less!
    Has anyone experienced something similar?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image86
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Seven days now and I have not made one cent sad

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Last time I had a stretch like that. . . .all of a sudden I made seven bucks in one day; so don't get too discouraged by that.

2. Rosie2010 profile image84
        Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear that Susan, I've had zero days myself so I know the feeling.  I hope it picks up soon for you.  My traffic is way down, so no traffic means no impressions and that is affecting my HP ads earnings as well.. sigh sad

1. Just Ask Susan profile image86
          Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I sure hope the traffic picks up soon. I am making a bit off of HP adds so at least that is something.

2. iQwest profile image70
      iQwestposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My click ratio has been the best it's ever been over the past week (by a considerable amount).  It's unreal to be honest as the first 9 days of April it was the lowest it's ever been.

Since most of my Hubs are real estate, technology, or "buy" related, my click payout is usually strong, but has been well above average the past week as well.  I had a stretch in March that was well below average.  It's definitely streaky for me.

I've been holding off joining the HubPages Ad program so Adsense is not competing with anything other than Amazon capsules on certain Hubs.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I concluded awhile back that adsense is famous for 1 penny ads.

Fortunately, if I understand things correctly, the HP ads will knock out a couple of the lowest adsense bidders.

1. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What if the AdSense account sees such little activity--maybe even none--that the Adsense account is closed? Would that automatically discontinue the HP ads, too?  (An AdSense account is required in order to start the HP ads.)

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, I think someone posted an excerpt from Google awhile back that said an AdSense account with zero earnings for two consecutive months gets closed.

1. Ms Dee profile image86
          Ms Deeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is very helpful to get confirmation! Thanks!

I just hope that when Google changes that rule that it gets plastered all over the forums in time for us to react to it somehow.

1. Rosie2010 profile image84
              Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks paradigmsearch, you have helped me too with all your suggestions here in forums.  You rock!

smile smile smile

3. Rosie2010 profile image84
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

christoss, I've noticed that too.  For a couple of weeks now the Google ads in my hubs got penny ads.  Do you think that's a way of getting back at HP for having their own competing ads?  Just a thought.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know what is going on with the Ads, but it is frustrating. Makes one wonder if it is even worth the trouble anymore.

1. janderson99 profile image84
        janderson99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

There's something weird about this. I have posted elsehere that it may be related to 'image' ads and poor targeting of the Google ads. I suspect that it may be related to the Hub ad program and how Google responds to it. I think we need an explanation from the Hubpages team. What's the point continuing when the returns are so low! Nothing seems to work in improving adsense returns. We need to know what to do!

4. Richieb799 profile image64
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Ive still been getting the 10-80 pence paying ads, I get the low ones as well but I don't understand why everyones earnings go down with HP ads yet they are supposed to be replacing low paying ads?

5. MissE profile image80
    MissEposted 5 years ago

I've been getting pennies the last few days.  Actually, it seems like my Google took a dive after I activated my Hubpage Ad account.  I was on my way to hitting my best check yet.  What happened?

working