jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Where's my hub?

1. DesignsbyLisa profile image59
    DesignsbyLisaposted 5 years ago

I posted my very first hub today.  It shows up under my profile, but it's not out there anywhere.  Does it have to get approved first?  Please help.  It is under "Farms & Farming" then "Cooperative Farms" called "Coffee Field Workers in Guatemala".  Thanks for your help!

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Calm down smile  While your hub is published, google hasn't found it yet.  Give it a day or two - in most cases it will be found and indexed by google by then.

To check, do a google search for the URL - if it has been found it will then show up on the search and shortly thereafter will be indexed into the gazillion other articles out there and thus be findable by searchers.

It will even take HP some time (probably hours but perhaps a day) to get it into their system outside of your profile and stats page.

Welcome to HubPages, by the way.  You've picked a great place to write and there are some great hubbers here as well.

DesignsbyLisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh thank you!  This was very helpful.

2. NateSean profile image84
      NateSeanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I found it just fine. But fair warning: It reads more like a post on a forum than a hub.

Hub articles are generally informative and the most successful ones are formatted like the articles you see on many news sites. They're well researched and most of them are written based on the hubber's experience. They teach people about something.

I didn't know what a "hub" was.  I thought it was a post.  But I guess "this" was actually a post.  Good thing the first thing I said was that I was new and to "bear with me" as I learn.  We'll with your helpful comment, I'm learning.  I guess the only thing I taught in that hub was that I don't know what the heck I'm doing yet!  smile   Thank you, your help was valuable.

2. DesignsbyLisa profile image59

I deleted the hub and added it as a post.  Thank you for saving me the embarassment!

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Indexing takes awhile. smile

3. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! Don't ever feel embarassed all of us at one time or another have been new. smile

Thank you.  I did repost it, but still feel like it's in the wrong spot.  There are several sub categories that got me to "cooperative farms", but I'm thinking I should have posted it under "coffee".  Any advise you can give regarding my "post" (no longer a hub), I'd appreciate it.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you know a fair bit about coffee growing or the countries involved, you should write hubs around them. Think of a hub as a magazine article and write accordingly.

4. Rosie2010 profile image84
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Your hub is gone.

5. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

Write quality hubs.  Take writing seriously.  Else, may be considered spammy and substandard.

working