jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

google ads on my hubs while my google adsense account not accepted

1. profile image60
    malachauhanposted 6 years ago

I had created a google adsense account for my hubpages account. but the Google Adsenses rejected my application for the Google Adsense account. However, i have been noticing google ads on my hub pages for the past few months although my google adsense account is  still not validated. Nor have I received any remuneration for the ads. The issue is that if my account is not activated, how can they post their adverts on my hubpages. who do i approach in such a case?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HubPages shows Adsense ads on all Hubs. 

If you have an Adsense account, you earn your share of the revenue. If you don't have an Adsense account, you don't earn a share.

1. profile image60
        malachauhanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the reply! that means even if google adsense has deemed my pages not fir to post their ads, hubpages can do so and not share any revenue. thats interesting.

Google hasn't "deemed your pages not fit to post their ads".  They have deemed you, personally, not fit to hold an Adsense account.

HubPages, as a whole, is already "deemed fit" to post Google ads.  That means ads appear over the whole site on all pages.  Google doesn't check who wrote each Hub, before posting ads - they just appear wherever HubPages has placed an ad block. 

If you qualify for Adsense, you get a share of that - if not, you don't.

Where do you live?  It may just be you have to wait for a 6 month qualifying period before being eligible for Adsense.

1. profile image60

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I live in India.

Anyone who lives in India must have a history of 6 months online, before applying for Adsense.

2. Jean Bakula profile image93
          Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had to wait 6 months before I was eligable for Adsense. It doesn't have to do with your writing being fit for ads. There are 2 types of ads. The first was activated as soon as you signed up. The other just takes longer. Also, did you provide them with your tax info and stuff!

1. profile image60

Thank you for clarifying things. I provided all the information they had sought while creating the account.

2. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can go into edit mode and in settings box you'll see ads click on none.  I also understand that,  this is possible only if you have no outgoing links to hubs that are commercial or have Google ads on them .
      I am not so sure as I haven't done this but you can check it out for yourself.

1. profile image60

thanks for the reply

2. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

You can try what sofs suggested.  Edit your hub and on the top right you will find "setting" click on this and change the setting on ads to "none" I hope it works, as I have never done this myself.

1. profile image60

I did as suggested above but this is what came up in the settings!

Category help
      Personal Finance 
      Ads
      Ad Level NoneLowMediumHigh
      Show Kontera Textlink Ads on this Hub
      Content meets the conditions of the Google AdSense Program Policy
      This hub may be considered commercial
      Photos
      Link to a slideshow of the photos in this hub
      (Your hub must contain at least 5 photos, 200x150 or larger, for the link to appear.)
      Edit the slideshow to choose which photos to include.
      Status
      Published

1. profile image60

I am not so bothered about the ads. what i am curious about is the fact that if google originally didnt approve my adsense account, then i saw these adverts displayed anyways, and now the settings show that the 'Content meets the conditions of the Google AdSense Program Policy'. is it only so that they dont have to pay me anything?

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
          Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wait a day or two and try again. Google is also going thru many changes, and I don't think any of us knows how it will shake out. I had to apply many times, but my computer skills are adequate at best. Several times when I had a guest or someone by the computer to ask, it turned out I had answered the questions right, it was my failure to click one box or something silly like that. Look closely and carefully at each line to make sure you don't miss anything. I hope it works out for you. The staff is very quick and accomodating.

3. mdlawyer profile image62
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

The Google ads appearing are during Hubpages' share of 40% time

4. profile image60
    malachauhanposted 6 years ago

thanks to all of you for being so helpful.

5. mdlawyer profile image62
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

AdSense applicants from India,China and other Asian locations should have minimum 6 months' active web presence with substantial body of original quality content for approval.

working