Job Ad to Write for HubPages on Monster.Com is MISLEADING

1. Sharyn's Slant profile image94
    Sharyn's Slantposted 5 years ago

I have run across an employment ad to write for HubPages many times on Monster.com.  I believe this ad is misleading and should be changed.  Here is the ad:

Freelance Online Writers / Bloggers / Reporters Wanted! (Part Time) Hiring Nationwide *APPLY NOW*

Isn't it true that HP is a site for quality content articles?  And yes, I realize that this includes quality poetry which I have posted as well.  But why advertise "blogging."  It gives the connotation that posting things as if writing in a diary is ok.

I believe that this ad misleads a writer and HP ends up with less than quality "blog" type writing that should not be on this site.  I see it all the time while HubHopping.  We really don't want to see a post that is a couple paragraphs about "why I hate my boyfriend", do we?  Or a short piece about "why you should contact me NOW to get this new vitamin I'm selling."

I do "flag" if I feel it is warranted.  But this makes so much more work for the HP staff?  It definitely hurts the entire HP community that work hard to provide quality writing.

What about an ad that reads:

NATIONWIDE P/T FREELANCE ONLINE WRITERS WANTED ~ PUBLISH QUALITY ARTICLES AND EARN A PASSIVE INCOME ~ SIGN UP IS FREE

I DO HOPE that I am opening up a can of worms here.  I believe it needs to be opened.  Maybe I'm way off base . . . what do you think?
    Sharyn

2. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

I haven't seen the "hiring or apply now" but if it means a weekly paycheck, where do I sign up?

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

The job boards are buried in these kinds of ads. The ads are not from HP. They are from individuals trying to make a buck off of HP’s reputation. Some might be ethical. Others are not.

working