jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Xomba = dead?

1. canadawest99 profile image59
    canadawest99posted 5 years ago

Boy xomba got beat hard by the Panda.  First they get an -86% drop in SERP results, then adsense is suspended for 5 days due to a plagiarism complaint and now they are barely on the radar for traffic now.  I have over 1200 articles up there and getting 20 or 30 total views a day.  This site may have seen its best days.

1. kschang profile image91
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

AFAIK Xomba seem to be a poor clone of Hubpages merged with a bit of Reddit. The problem is both requires a large audience to "snowball" and Xomba don't have it.

2. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

You think?

Xomba never had much of a life expectancy, its always been ugly and poorly managed.

But, on the other hand, the various reports out there that say things like "86% drop in visibility" are being lost in translation and slightly misinterpreted.

The companies creating these reports dont have the data to say a site has dropped n% , they follow specific search terms and keywords and measure loss of SERP's on those specific terms then extrapolate out.

So, Xobba lost 86% of search visibility on specific terms that were being tracked. Which is a bit different than 86% loss in SERP's across the board.

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
      Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow! I'm so impressed!  I don't use Xomba, but it's nice to know.  Thanks once again, sunforged.

3. doban profile image60
    dobanposted 5 years ago

I get more views on HubPages for the same amount of articles as I have on Xomba; however, I still earn more on Xomba. The reason is because a single ad click on Xomba seems to earn far more than I get on HubPages for a single click. I am intrigued by the new ad program at HubPages though.  And, by the way, HubPages and Xomba are both earning me more now than Suite 101 is.  None can hold a candle to eHow though on earnings. Post Panda, my eHow earnings have grown.  Panda did not seem to impact them although everyone thought it would.

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
      Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your input.  Good to know.

4. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure that as a non-US member I wasn't allowed to write for Demand Studios. Pity because all their requirements seem to be a couple of hundred words on a given subject. I could do that in my sleep.

5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

The problem with Xomba is that they persistently screwed their writers over.

1. daybreak profile image63
      daybreakposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have to agree with this comment.