jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I'm so confused?? hub ads disabled

1. Charlu profile image84
    Charluposted 5 years ago

OK I totally understand (well kind of) one of my hubs the ads were disabled due to the word slutty and sexy in it. The hub (I understood) would be only published in HP due to Google not placing any ads, or if they did it would be in never never land (hidden in pg 147) Today I was checking ranks and figured what the heck I'll just take a peek and there it is #1 with not even the full title.  If Google puts it up there to be read why wouldn't they want ads so they could make $$$$$??????
    Am I missing something here?
    Oh and if your wondering why I didn't revise and republish, it's because it pertained to another hub I linked to and read which focused on the same issue.

2. Charlu profile image84
    Charluposted 5 years ago

OOOps almost forgot last week it was definitely buried in never never land.
    Sorry just thought I'd put that in there since it might be relevant

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Think of the network television stations that won't run liquor or cigarette commercials. They could be making billions from them, but choose to avoid those subjects instead.

Google has chosen not to participate in certain topics, like sex, gambling, drugs, etc. It's their prerogative. For all the millions of search terms out there, the ones that fall in those topics are just a flea on the butt of the elephant, and not participating certainly isn't hurting Google financially. smile

4. Rosie2010 profile image81
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Charlu, that happened to me too.  I wrote a hub on sex fantasy, proving that it is healthy. I didn't use any offending words except "sex."  HP turned off all the ads but allowed my hub left published without ads.  I opted to delete mine.  It's your hub, you can do whatever you like.

5. Charlu profile image84
    Charluposted 5 years ago

Thank you both. I understand Irohner in reference to them not promoting those types of ads but the hub is actually about image and the significance society puts on "images". Maybe if I changed it to "Image to Trashy" or provocative vs "Image to Sexy" and take the word slutty out of it???  It would be a great place for a Victoria Secret Clothing (not lingerie) ad

Thanks Rosie for your advice but the article hits a victims rights personal issue with me so even if it doesn't make me a penny it stays.  Sometimes I just get like that.

Maybe I'll just leave it like it is Wow Think I'm a little indecisive on this one?????  smile((smile)

Thanks you guys and have an incredible night. Just joined the ad program so I have to go figure out what I want to write about.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You could be on to something there! I believe the Adsense filter is pretty dumb and relies on picking up "dirty words"  - which is why serious articles on sex therapy trigger the filter, whereas an erotic story full of euphemisms could get through.