jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

New to Hub-- Any consructive criticism?

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image90
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 5 years ago

I just saw a post on this forum where hubs were removed. It seems it may be due to substandard English. I am not concerned about that but is there anything that I am doing that is wrong? I am a perfectionist and want to makes thing better.

All the articles are about health and people have different opinions about what is healthy. Except one article is about investing in silver and it is about the numbers so it should not be subject to opposing opinions. Total of 7 articles now.

2. Chuck Bluestein profile image90

Made a spelling mistake in title. At least with the hubs I can go back and correct spelling mistakes and use the spell checker.

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! And to the forums! smile

However, you've come to the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum thread and you can post links in this thread.

It is customary to post at least one link to a hub. You cannot expect people to visit or check out ALL your hubs. It would not be cool. It's a bit much.

So, if you want, post like 3 links(max) and others will critique your hubs, so as to help you improve.

Btw- the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum thread is the only thread you can post a link to start a thread. It is not permitted anywhere else.

4. Chuck Bluestein profile image90

Thanks! I guess that I was being too cautious. Here is my best hub. It is on investing in silver. http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Invest-in-Silver-Now

Here is my best health article hub on the real cause of osteoporisis. http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Real-Cause- … Weak-Bones

It is bound to be controversial. People have told me that I have a stream of consciounsness style of writing so I know that it is different than the way most people write.

We may never see this again-- I guess I should add this to my article on silver. At the beginning of April silver was $37 an oz. Right now it is $44 an oz.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Chuck, I checked out your Hub "Why Invest in Silver Now" and I was trying to determine what help you are asking for. Not a bad job at all. But then I realized I didn't come away with the answer to the question in your title, Why Invest in Silver Now.

So I re-read it to see if it was just me. Sometimes I do miss things and need to review. Aha! I found it. You did answer the question. But it got lost because immediately after that you started talking about the chemical names for gold and silver. Was this Hub a chemistry lesson or one on financials?  That twist lost my concentration on the point you wanted to make.

Okay, you asked. smile