jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Violation... but I see no cause...?

1. The Jet profile image84
    The Jetposted 5 years ago

Got this "Violation: Promotes site(s) or product(s) unrelated to Hub content" for my hub How to Make Screenwriting Fun and Simple.

I don't get it. I didn't do anything wrong in that hub. The only thing I can think of is one YouTube video and one Vimeo video I linked in, but I mentioned those videos in the content of my hub as it greatly impacted my screenwriting... hmm...?

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

As your Hub has been unpublished, you need to contact the moderators for more information.  None of us can see that Hub now.

The Jetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I already sent a republication review to the admin -- so if I contact the moderator, I'd get banned, right?

1. Mutiny92 profile image88
        Mutiny92posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I sure hope not.  It seems pretty reasonable to ask HP what the particular problem is, especially if you don't see it after reviewing the TOS.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I didn't get banned when I did it!  In fact, I had to almost pry the information from their hubby little hands!  lol

The Jetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nice.  But I'll wait it out. I don't wanna seem impatient.

And it's the snake again! That's cool.

Thanks to everyone who replied. It's appreciated. I also may think it could be that I also inserted links to my other hubs that may not seem related to HP, but to me, as it dealt with films as well. I don't know.

Let's see what happens. 8-)

3. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

Contact team@hubpages.com they will glad assist. smile

4. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Really hard to try to figure out what the violation is without reading the hub.
    HP will give you the opportunity to correct the problem.
    Sounds like you've pretty much figured out what it LIKELY is...
    Don't forget, too, that HP has some new folks reading through hubs who are applying the letter of the law. Once they get more experience they might be more forgiving (... or not).

I read just today a really good litmus test.
    If someone found your hub through a search enging search for "Screenwriting" would any element of your hub appear spammy or not supporting of that topic? If you're linking to a bunch of hubs about films -- but not directly relating those films to screenwriting -- that could be a disconnect for a reader.
    You're promoting your other work but if it's not intuitively related to this hub's topic ... it could be the problem.

I'm just guessing here. Ask for an explanation, and get the issue resolved so your hub can be republished!

P.S. Glad you asked for help rather than just getting pissed off and going away mad. We've had way too much of that recently!!! MM