jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Minimum Word Count

1. Ritsos profile image67
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

I know I should know this but can't find the answer .. what's the min word count at HP?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As far as I know there is no min wordcount. But if you write amazon hubs you have to write at least 50 words for each product you advertise.
      Some poetry hubs i have seen are very short, less than 250 words in total, and hp's needs to address this.
      For general adsense related hubs you should be aiming at a min. of at least 800 words rising to around 2500.
      As a target aim for around 900-1700, and you shouldn't see any complaints. There was a recent thread on min. word count, can't find it at the moment, but some people thought 300/500 was acceptable. I don't think it is, and to help hp's raise its status it doesn't need more low quality hubs being written.
      Not that I am saying poetry hubs of 250 words are low quality,( perish the thought!!) but I think there should be a separate category of hp's that deals with poetry hubs.
      Think of it this way, that everything you publish from now on needs to help hp's raise it's PR ranking back to where it belongs.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure everything under 100 will get flagged as being too short. Poetry is the exception. I have a hub or two under 250 words, most of mine are between 400 to 1400 words.

The current contest wants hubs that are 400 words and up.

3. Ritsos profile image67
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

cheers .. I had it in my head that 500 was the minimun but I think that was self imposed .. I generally do try to write 500 or so but sometimes it's hard to get past 300 without just adding 'padding'