jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Under the writing contest, why are my articles disappearing?

1. Angelladywriter profile image83
    Angelladywriterposted 5 years ago

I have written at least three articles under the writing contest. When I complete the articles and go to click "save" or "publish," my articles seem to disappear. This is very frustrating. Is it because when I click on "contest" there is no way to save or publish my articles. I was sent emails requesting that I enter my articles in the contest but I have been unable to do that. Please advise.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

See if the unpublished hubs are currently available under My Account. Some text may then be recoverable.

It sounds like a technical problem with the site, which has nothing to do with the writing contest. The issue may be resolved regardless of what you do, but no one knows how long that will take.

Here and now, I recommend trying a different browser: Firefox and Google Chrome tend to work best on HubPages. Also, I would save the hubs unpublished shortly after creating them, then return to further edit.

3. mdlawyer profile image61
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

Most likely, it may be browser problem. Saving it as unpublised is a good precaution.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

You don't need to click contest, you just have to add the writingcontest tag.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How observant of you, Uninvited Writer. If the OP clicks "contest" while editing, that could obviously cause work to be lost.

2. Rosie2010 profile image82
      Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is most probably what happened.  Clicking contest before a hub is published will wipe out everything you've written.

5. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Hi Angella, I hope you have figured out by now why the hubs you are submitting for the contest are disappearing.  If not here's what you should do..

1) write your hub as usual and click "publish"

2) add the tag "writingcontest" making sure there is no space between the words writing and contest.

3) wait for a few minutes as this page is updated hourly and check this page.  You should be able to see your hub and other hubs submitted at that time for the contest. 

Good luck!