jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Need criticism regarding my hub

1. AmrilRadzman profile image77
    AmrilRadzmanposted 6 years ago

Lately, the traffic seems low.At first traffic jumped up regarding this 2 hubs, and suddenly it drop dead to zero

http://hubpages.com/hub/Basic-of-Using- … Powerpoint

http://hubpages.com/hub/-This-you-shoul … esentation

And now, it goes to this hub, any idea how to maintaining them?

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Make-You … ecretCodes

1. twobmad profile image57
      twobmadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Armil
      I don't think that there is an urgent reason you need to worry about your traffic dropping to zero. if I am not mistaken, i believe you are talking about the viewers .. right?
      When I checked your English is not that bad. And your hub score is just normal.
      Though it is always to be careful in our usage of grammar and words since English is not our fist language.,i don't think that would be the current reason for your hub viewr dropping.

2. Trish_M profile image87
    Trish_Mposted 6 years ago

Hi Amril smile

I am guessing that English is not your first language, as there are a few errors, which may be affecting reader responses, I'm afraid.

Also, your punctuation requires some attention.

If we look at a just a couple of sentences from 'Powerpoint Presentation - Basic things you need to know', I'll add some possible corrections in upper case:

'Technically, everything that we do SHOULD always BE backed up with some kind of plans.
    For doing a Powerpoint Presentation Slide, I would suggest that YOU write the things that you need to present on a piece of paper.'

You will need to look at this matter carefully, as I think that English problems can cause hubs to be flagged.

Good luck smile

3. Trish_M profile image87
    Trish_Mposted 6 years ago

I had a quick look at a paragraph from 'Top 8 Things you should avoid on your Powerpoint Presentation'

'When doing a Powerpoint presentation slide, don't put a lot of text in it.Remember, powerpoint Presentation only to help the speaker to present on what point they want to give, not all information come from the text itself. We don't want to bored our audiences, we want to give them an information . If you really don't have any other way, create more slide instead.'

I might try:

'When creating a Powerpoint presentation slide, don't put a lot of text in it. Remember, Powerpoint presentations only help the speaker to present their points; not all information has to be in the text itself. We don't want to bore our audiences, we want to give them information. If you really don't have any other way, create more slides instead.'

1. twobmad profile image57
      twobmadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow great Try. Trish. sometimes, our respective dialects or languages so much influence us in writing so much so that we can't think as in English sentence. big_smile

4. AmrilRadzman profile image77
    AmrilRadzmanposted 6 years ago

Oh I see, I do have to admit regarding my grammar. Any kind of software for english spell check? I don't think the hubpages spell check is enough. One that detects grammatical errors.

working