jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Got my first HP ads payment. Yay!!

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Just got notified from Paypal!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Dare I ask how much?

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Almost $200. Helped make up for some of the lost Adsense, but not completely.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great, mine is only at around $70 right now.

2. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me too.  Thanks for posting, Habee.  I wouldn't have known if you hadn't posted (which made me go check).    smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congrats Lisa! smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Congrats Habee! smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I'll get mine at the end of next month I believe.

4. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 5 years ago

Wow! that's great Habee.
    Congrats. smile

5. Rebecca E. profile image88
    Rebecca E.posted 5 years ago

well done! keep it up!

6. ianleverette47 profile image82
    ianleverette47posted 5 years ago

Hi Habee and everyone else,

Still trying to figure out how the payments come rollin' in.
    I went to the FAQ but found nothing there.
    OK -- so I've only been with you for 12 days and have managed a whopping .74 cents. Somebody clicked on a Google Ad I guess  -- it shows 2 clicks.
    You say you got a cheque for $200.00. I see that you have been with Hub Pages for 22 months and have written tons of hubs and have a zillion followers.
    How the blazes do you get people to click on the ads -- perhaps even buy something through Amazon?
    I realize you have to write Hubs but just how many and how long (do you think it should take) the average Hubber to collect $100 or so -- 2 , 3, 4, years?
    Perhaps you can't answer this but I've read Hubs from people that are supposedly working full time at this and making over $25,000 a year. Is this true and if so, is there a secret to this that only a chosen few know about?
    I wrote about the secrets of the Masons, and No - I'm not doing any promotional stuff here. I am not a Mason but do you think it's time I became one? Would this help? (humor folks - just humor).
    OK - OK - I'm only kidding around. I really enjoy reading all your hubs and writing a few of my own but do you think I can actually supplement my Canada Pension with Hub Pages?
    Thanks all for reading. I can't wait to hear the secret.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Learn to pick topics that are high traffic but low competition. For instance you won't be able to get many visitors to a hub about weight loss - it's too general and too many big sites have the front page of Google.

Real people click on adverts so it's random. You need to work on getting traffic from search engines, and the money will follow.

The average hubber takes 6-9 months to reach first Google payout and usually the time halves after that.

It takes work but it is possible.

7. Whitney05 profile image62
    Whitney05posted 5 years ago

ianlevertte, it is true. I make at least $2000 a month from HubPages. Unfortunately, with the new HP Ads, I think this will drop drastically. My Google Adsense account is severely hurting bc of this change.

I'm not sure how HP ads work. I assume similar to Google Adsense. If it is, then there's no real way to determine how the change adds up.

I recommend, writing, writing, writing. Writing what you know. Write what you want to learn about. Write about books, hotels, movies, etc. Write how to's, tip sheets, etc.

It takes time and many hubs, unless you do a lot of marketing. Everyone is different in how fast or slow they earn and at what frequency.

8. ripplemaker profile image89
    ripplemakerposted 5 years ago

Habee, I got my notification too!!! Yay! 
    Thanks Hubpages!

working