jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Amazon astores

1. canadawest99 profile image60
    canadawest99posted 5 years ago

Has anyone had any success on these?  Apparently, you can set up 100 individual "stores' with amazon products of your choosing, then you get affiliate commissions just like here on HP.

At first I thought these would be a good deal, but then I found a few reviews on the net saying don't expect more than a few bucks a year from each.

If anyone has any experience, please share.

1. tritrain profile image74
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, they are free to set up.

But other than that, none of mine ever made money.

I went with Amazon affiliate store scripts instead, and am doing very well with my stores.  I wrote a comparison of the various scripts and it's listed on my profile.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I had one on my website and didn't get any sales at all. I also have my Astore linked on one of my blogs and haven't gotten any sales. Most of my sales come from hubs or blog posts that talk about specific books.

1. daybreak profile image67
      daybreakposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have several and sales are always low. They are not at all search engine friendly so you must drive traffic to them.

canadawest99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

How are you doing that may I ask?  backlinking and bookmarking?

1. daybreak profile image67
          daybreakposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have the stores set in an iframe on owned sites. Visitors reach the pages via the menu.

Eventually I plan on phasing them out and implementing a better option.

To better answer your question, I promote the site, but not the store pages directly.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Reach out for Bill Manning. He's got a lot of experience with them -- unfortunately pretty much the same as Uninvited Writer I believe.

canadawest99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

One of the secrets may be to leverage the amazon brand to make it reputable instead of just some guys website.  A 'Powered By Amazon' or 'Associated With Amazon' logo could be all it takes.

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And he may well have done that. I don't know. Again, you would have to reach out to Bill for more specifics.

working