jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Can't get adsense linked to my hubs

1. BrightMeadow profile image84
    BrightMeadowposted 5 years ago

I click on the Earnings tab; click on "get started" next to "google adsense"; click on "yes" next to "Do you already have an adsense account"; type in the email address I used to sign up for my adsense account (not the same email I used to sign up for hubpages, does that matter?); enter the phone number and zip code and hit "link my accounts" at which point the form resets and in my affiliates settings it still says "get started" next to adsense.  What am I missing/ doing wrong?

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There seems to be some glitch in the system, no it does not matter if you use another mail id for signing up for HP. May be you should try after sometime.

2. Bob Francis profile image61
      Bob Francisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bright Meadow, If you're ever successful let me know; I've been trying to link google adsense for six months. Follow the directions faithfully and the program just sends me in circles!!As soon as I get to the place where it asks me to put in my Google password, I get an error message saying this is your google password but not your adsense password, even though that was the way it had directed me?? Good luck to you.  Bob

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
        Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bob, sorry to hear you have been trying to link your Adsense account to HP for six months now have not been successful.  You should have asked for help here in forums.  Now, tell us exactly the steps you followed and we'll see what step you missed.

2. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Hi BrightMeadow, you did everything correctly.  It's the next step that you missed.. this one

Once you click on “Link My Accounts” HubPages is able to place the ads on HubPages automatically on your behalf (you won’t need to touch any code or do anything once you have Google AdSense active on HubPages)....

--- You must simply make sure that you have followed the confirmation instructions that you’ll get by email from Google.  To make sure that HubPages has access to your AdSense account, you can visit you AdSense account and check the “Account Access” section under the “Account” tab.

So look in your email for Google instructions.  I hope this helps.  Good luck!

1. BrightMeadow profile image84
      BrightMeadowposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think Sofs is right, there does seem to be some sort of glitch in the system.  I have not received confermation emails at either of my email accounts.  Under the account access tab in my adsense account, hubpages is not listed.

3. Courtney Lake profile image60
    Courtney Lakeposted 5 years ago

So does this mean that I do not have to create my own ads, that since I have allowed Hubpages access, they will do the rest? I have been trying to figure out how to attach a created ad to my articles and it isn't going well.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You cannot create your own ads. AdSense ads are automatically shown on your hubs, and you have very little influence over them. Actually, ads would have been displayed on your hubs even if you had not granted HubPages access.