jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Red warning about published hubs

1. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 5 years ago

I get this message when I try to edit existing published hubs.

Can anyone tell me why? 

This shows up in red at the top...

Note: This hub is currently published. However, if you make any changes to it, it will immediately be unpublished until it has been re-approved for publication (which can take 24-48 hours).

1. Karen N profile image39
      Karen Nposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I bet this has something to do with your question to Terry about SocialMonkee.

1. TerryGl profile image60
        TerryGlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is no doubt that if Katie and I have a red box come up then we have been tagged.

That means any editing we do it has to go through a moderator for approval.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Technically, any edit is considered a new act of publication. So my guess is that for the time being, anything that you publish will be held in moderation. This will also apply to new hubs.

3. mdlawyer profile image61
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

Today I have done a little editing on a hub inadvertent of this aspect. But no such sign appeared. It was instantly in the published status.

4. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 5 years ago

Thanks Katie, I thought I had been given some sort of special treatment - you know - we can't trust you we want to check what your doing and then I thought maybe everyone is getting this message.

If mdlawyer didn't get it, then maybe we have been tagged.

5. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

I have just gone in a done a few small edits on a hub and did not get any warning notices? Have you emailed the HP team?

6. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

This was touched on yesterday in another thread started by Katie.
    Robin from HP responded. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/73584#post1598665

1. TerryGl profile image60
      TerryGlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Rebekah - now I know too.

Maybe its because I promote article spinners. My hubs are on advanced techniques of using spinners so if that's my "demonstrated poor practices" then there must be some sort of proof.

None of my articles that have been spun are on Hubpages, and if they were, only I would know.

7. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

I have been editing my hubs and I've never had the red notice.  Thank goodness!  That would be such a pain.

8. Qualitynoob profile image60
    Qualitynoobposted 5 years ago

It seems to some that the flag was raised with spinning articles talk in the forums, so the team has chosen to monitor your hubs. According to HP ToS spinning is in violation. Appropriate measure to prevent something before it happens. Interesting way to get a slap, that's why they have forum monitors I guess.

1. White Teeth profile image60
      White Teethposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They were not talking about spinning articles though. They were talking about spinning very short (~200 character) social bookmarking blurbs for use with SocialMonkee, as recommended by the creator of SocialMonkee and the owner of the sites that these bookmarks get posted to.

9. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 5 years ago

That's right WT, nothing about article spinning just where to find the pipe | key on your keyboard.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/72956?p … ost1590381