jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How much should I charge for a freelance writing contract?

1. silentsapphire profile image61
    silentsapphireposted 5 years ago

I am being offered a freelance writing job where I need to write website content for the client. The client is interested in paying me a monthly fee rather than a pay per post. I have never done this before so can anyone help me decide on how much money should I ask for?

1. theherbivorehippi profile image83
      theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is there a reason why you're being paid monthly as opposed to per post?  Do you have a set agreement of exactly how much writing is expected of you in that month?  How many hours? How many articles?  If a specific number of articles is expected....what is the length?  Technical topic that requires more research or something you're familiar with?  Are you loading them into any kind of writing platform and do you have to come up with photos?  Do you need to provide preferences?  There are an exhausting number of things that will affect this answer.

2. Marye Audet profile image92
    Marye Audetposted 5 years ago

Figure how many hours you will work (including research, images, publishing, SEO, etc.) and figure no less than 20.00 an hour.. which is a low going rate for freelancers

3. silentsapphire profile image61
    silentsapphireposted 5 years ago

I have already asked the client as what is the type of work and quantity of work expected from me but she says that she wants me to to quote TOC and the amount I expect to be paid. This has seemed strange for me as I would expect the client to set TOC and not me as a freelancer.