jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Question about HP new Ad Program

1. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

I've been searching the site for an answer to this question, but can't find it, so am going to ask.

Is the new HP ad program paid by number of impressions, number of clicks, or both? The reason I ask it that it lists CPM at the top. And what does it mean if we get small amounts (under a dollar). Is that for a certain amount of impressions?

I would to get some clarification on this. Thanks!

1. prairieprincess profile image96
      prairieprincessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sorry ... I would *love to get some clarification on this.

2. American_Choices profile image82
    American_Choicesposted 6 years ago

Great question - It sounds like a sharing of the various "impressions":

"The Authors will get 60% of revenue generated from impressions showing Google advertisements with their affiliate ID.

The remaining 40% impressions will be shown with the Publisher Id of Hubpages.

Other Third Party Affiliate programs that can be used for earning money from Hubpages other than Google Adsense are,

Amazon Associates
        EBay Partner Network
        Kontera In Text Ad Publisher Network"

3. mdlawyer profile image59
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

It may be by the number of impressions and/or clicks. It is not explained yet.  I think it is not revealed.

4. Rosie2010 profile image74
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

As I understand, it is a mixture of impressions and clicks.  But the summary of my HP Ad program account shows number of impressions only.  So I could be wrong.  I wonder where I got that info.

5. skear profile image89
    skearposted 6 years ago

Thanks for asking this question, I have been wondering the same thing myself.

If the HP ad program does pay for clicks I would like to be able to track which hubs the clicks home from.  With adsense I set up URL channels to track that information.

Currently the earnings summary for the HP ads does not provide much information.

So far HP ads is making more money for me than adsense has.

1. Rosie2010 profile image74
      Rosie2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine is just slightly higher than Adsense, not much.  It got a good start on the first two weeks, but my Adsense is catching up... or HP Ads earning is slowing down.  But it's still good, not complaining. smile

6. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies, you guys. So I guess none of us know for sure.  I just started with the last wave, and it's a bit better than Adsense so far, but hard to tell.

working