jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Photo Downloads

1. 0
    Digsposted 5 years ago

Today, I tried downloading photos from Google Images and Flickr, but could not.  The photo capsule alerted me to the fact that the site was not compatible, i.e., only jpg, etc.  However, the photos I selected were jpg.  I tried loading the same photos onto my computer, but ran into the same issue.  Where am I going wrong?

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This  may be a problem with the browser. I used to have this problem when I used IE , after shifting to fire Fox and chrome these problems do not arise. Try using another browser.

1. 0
        Digsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good advice--thanks.

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Google images i.e. that is the photos and images on Google images may not be copyright free. It is better to use a site that clearly has photos that are free to use in your articles.

One problem that may occur if you use images here that the photographer has 'watermarked' you will eventually be asked to remove that image.

I have photos on Google that have very 'subtle watermarks' on them because I do not wish people to use my images without my consent.

Google images does not ask permission before gathering up images from blogs and hubs and putting them on their images search.

1. 0
      Digsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I try to be sure that photos I use are available under the correct licensing agreement, i.e., free for unlimited use without a fee, requiring attribution only.  Thanks for the insight.