jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

RIP Yahoo! Buzz...

1. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Well, trying to get into the spirit of continuing to look for ways to promote my Hubs, to start doing more intensive keyword research, etc., I began thinking about Yahoo! Buzz and wondering why I have never used it as a place for announcing my Hubs.  Time to change that!

I looked on the Yahoo! directory and couldn't find it, so I ran a search, wondering whether it had been discontinued.  Wikipedia was the article I chose to read, and the information sounded just too good to be true.  Buzz was designed as a place that would help to send traffic to specific articles, exactly what I needed!

At the end of the Wikipedia article - or at least at the point where I stopped reading - it said, On April 19, 2011, Yahoo! announced that Buzz would be discontinued as of April 21, 2011.

Of all things - a day late and a dollar short.  good grief.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering what happened to Yahoo Buzz. I liked that service.  I used it to promote many online articles other than mine. I preferred it for sports buzz ups mainly.

1. Aficionada profile image93
        Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me too - liked it, that is.  I actually haven't paid it much attention in recent weeks, but it just hit me that it ought to be a good place for posting Hubs.  Other people's and mine too.

Sad.  Oh well.

2. TomC35 profile image60
    TomC35posted 5 years ago

Yup, I realized Yahoo Buzz was dead when the button no longer appeared on my blogs.

3. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

I'd never used Yahoo Buzz, but thanks for letting us know.