jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

I haven't been asked for personal information such as paypal

1. Angelique Newman profile image60
    Angelique Newmanposted 6 years ago

I joined hubpages but I haven't been asked for personal information such as paypal

I just finished my first hubpage (I haven't published it yet) the reason is I haven't been informed to fill out such things as paypal.
    I would like to get that set up before I publish it.

Also I belong to AdSense and Amazonassociates for my blog will that automatically transfer to this site as well?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

All the best, Angelique

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HP. Please read the FAQ's so that you may know how this site functions. http://hubpages.com/faq/ and http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/
      This provides set by step information to help you add your adsense id and Amazon id to your account.
      If you have more questions after following those steps ( which you may not)  you can ask specific question and you will find help here.
      You should in fact use the same Adsense id here while you may, if you so desire get another Amazon id .

2. Aficionada profile image91
      Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Publish your hub.  It's not necessary to try to get PayPal, Adsense, etc., linked before doing so.  In fact, Hubbers who don't already have Adsense first (unlike you) are normally advised to post a few Hubs before applying for Adsense.  To see what you need to do with your Adsense account, check here:

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/1-2- … s-adsense/

Check the Learning Center also for information about Amazon Affiliates.

HubPages offers the platform for publishing, but it is up to you to set up details for any permitted money-making methods here.

2. mdlawyer profile image59
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

Paypal is needed only if you enable the Hubpages Ad Program on your hubs.  Otherwise it is not needed. You can use your AdSense and Amazon codes in your Hubpages account.

3. Angelique Newman profile image60
    Angelique Newmanposted 6 years ago

Thanks sofs, Aficionada and mdlawyer, I did as you said and published my hub; unfortunately AdSense said I can't put AdSense on it because my hubpage hasn't been on for six months.

I belong to AdSense with my blog; I wish they would make it easier to include it here.

I'm probably doing something wrong, hopefully in the morning I'll see things more clearly smile

1. Fineprint profile image70
      Fineprintposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe that is because you are outside the U.S.  It doesn't make a lot of sense though since you already have an Adsense account.

Angelique Newmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So true

2. Aficionada profile image91

Did you try to link Adsense by going through your HubPages "My Account" page?  Click My Account > Earnings > Affiliate Settings > Google Adsense > (then) Configure - the button to the left.  Then do what it says.  You should be required to put your own Adsense ID number (or whatever the technical term is) in some box.

If you already have an Adsense account, there is no reason on earth why you should not be able to link your HubPages account to it.  If you tried what I wrote above and it didn't work, run a search on Hubpages for Affiliate Settings or Google Adsense; then narrow the search to the Forums, and check the most recent posts you can find.  People are always asking about this; I'm sure it's been discussed many times, even recently.

I'm not as helpful as other Hubbers would be, because my Adsense account was brand-new after I joined HubPages.  I hope this helps a little anyway.

PS - You have to use your current Adsense account here.  No one is allowed to have more than one Adsense account.  (And, the rule about waiting six months or so refers only to getting approved for a new Adsense account and is generally applicable only in some countries in Asia, but I'm not sure which ones.)

EDIT:  I realized after posting this - there actually could be some new regulations about Adsense, after the Google Panda matter.  I still don't understand why it would affect you, since you do have an Adsense account.  But, there may be something new going on with Adsense and HubPages that I don't know anything about.

Angelique Newmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Aficionada,

I think I might have missed a step; I'm definitely going to go over it in the morning.  I think I need a fresh look at it.

I really appreciate your help; I'll most likely be back on the forums as I learn the ropes of making hubpages smile

1. Aficionada profile image91

Best of luck to you, and welcome to HubPages!!

I'm sure there will be others around who can help, if you still can't figure it out in the morning.

4. mdlawyer profile image59
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

These days glitches are a regular feature in the system.

working