jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

When is Google Updated?

1. Brian Hiser profile image60
    Brian Hiserposted 5 years ago

Hi,

How long is it before Google is updated after I edit an existing hub? I've been trying different titles and keywords to see if they get better placement, but the original version is still what Google has.

Brian

2. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I have seen it take as long as a month. However, that might only be true for my older hubs that google has already decided to permanently hate. smile

3. Brian Hiser profile image60
    Brian Hiserposted 5 years ago

Thanks. I thought it might be more often. I'll have to find another way to test keywords and titles.

4. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 5 years ago

Using a pinging service can speed things up.

1. Rosie2010 profile image82
      Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use to ping but it doesn't seem help my hubs at all, but maybe because my hubs are not yet established so pinging them after editing would be useless.

5. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

These days Google indexing takes longer time than what was in the past.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image85
      Peter Hogganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The length of time it takes Google to index a page is dependent on a lot of things, including how often a site is updated, how long visitors interact with a page, how many links are pointing to a page and PageRank are just a few. HP is a great example of this where pages are indexed normally within hours of being published. Personally I have noticed no slowdown in indexing from Google.

1. lakeerieartists profile image79
        lakeerieartistsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here.  My pages on Hubpages and elsewhere get indexed pretty quickly, within 24 to 48 hours.  I haven't noticed any change in this over the last few months.

working