jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

Anyone Try To Write A Hub This Morning?

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image90
    DIYweddingplannerposted 6 years ago

Been trying to write a hub for about an hour now and when I go to add text, the text box appears and just keeps saying loading and won't let me write anything in it.  I add pics, no problem. Anyone else having problems?

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I haven't tried, but perhaps it's a browser issue?  I've been using FF4, and had lots of slow loading, so I switched to Chrome and have had no problems.

2. Rastamermaid profile image72
      Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It took longer than usual this morning,I had problem loading pics but I was persistant and finally posted my hub.

2. DIYweddingplanner profile image90

Anyone??  I'm in the 30 in 30 and this is not good.  Need assistance!!!!

1. andycool profile image69
      andycoolposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wrote a hub and I successfully did it, but I write first on Word and then copy it in the text editor of HubPages. I recommend you to do the same. BTW I'm also having some problems and posted it about 10 hours ago. Nobody seems interested in these kinda problems hubbers face these days. Not even a fellow hubber except one did respond! This HubPages is not the one when I joined 8 months back... a drastic change is what I'm noticing! smile

DIYweddingplannerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Andy, thanks for responding.  Yeah, I think if I had posted something about the second coming, I would have gotten all kinds of responses!

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Don't forget its Easter weekend, so lots of hubbers are away or out and about and the HP staff should be enjoying the weekend.

True, but I doubt they'll give the two extra days on the challenge just because it's Easter weekend!

4. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

I have been working on a hub the past hour and I had no problems. Has your issue cleared up yet?

5. DIYweddingplanner profile image90

No, sorry it took so long to respond, but I was downloading Chrome as Rebekkah suggested and still no luck.

1. Michael Willis profile image76
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes I get the "loading" to hang up. I usually just close it and exit edit. I leave the page and return and 9/10 times it works for me.  I think there is a glitch sometimes when we are in edit mode. Maybe HP is on "overload" with hubbers loading on the  site.
      Of course I guessing on that part.
      But, you try what I normally do to see if you can get it to work. (Also...I always remove unwanted cookies on a regular daily basis. They seem to slow down my browser.)

6. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

I haven't tried, but called my friend and she isn't having any problems. She uses Google chrome. I am sure someone will take notice soon although a weekend. smile

7. DIYweddingplanner profile image90

When I hit edit, an error message comes up telling me there was an error loading the page and to hit the refresh button.  I do that and it takes me into my hub.  I hit edit on the text box I have there already and it comes up very large and will only let me type in the capsule title, no other text.

1. Michael Willis profile image76
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you have other programs running while you are doing this? If so, try closing them before you edit.

2. Peggy W profile image89
      Peggy Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same exact thing happening to me DIYweddingplanner!  I can't finish my hub today if this keeps up!  Frustrating to say the least!

Thanks, Peggy!  I thought I was going nuts there for awhile and it was just me!

8. emievil profile image83
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Just published a hub. I didn't have any problem with the text or the photo capsules. But when I got to the poll capsule, I basically encountered the same problem, it just kept loading. So I deleted the capsule then placed another one. Still the same problem. But when I previewed it, I saw the poll the way I entered it. So I published it.

9. DIYweddingplanner profile image90

You all are brilliant1  Downloaded chrome, cleared cookies, I'm in!!  Thanks!

working