jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Giving your readers Ultimatums

1. NateSean profile image83
    NateSeanposted 5 years ago

I've read more than a few hubs with this comment written somewhere into the text:

"Vote me up and I'll write more."

On the surface, it seems like a simple act of reciprocity. You obviously don't want to do all that work without knowing if it is worth it or not. But really, to me, it just seems like a lack of confidence on the writer's part.

Like, if you're that good at what you do to begin with, it should show up in the writing. You'll attract readers with your good writing, not with "Vote me up or I'll jump, I swear it."

Comments, thougths, disagreements, recommendations for therapy? Anyone?

2. Peter Owen profile image61
    Peter Owenposted 5 years ago

Not to worry, people who do the vote me up thing don't last. They are here for the wrong reason and will eventually tire.

3. Rosie2010 profile image84
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

"You talkin' to me?" by Travis Bickle (Robert De Niro, Taxi Driver).

Most hubbers know to vote up or vote down your hubs, but some forget.. so it is just a reminder to do so, if they liked what they read.  Plus you are giving your fellow hubber some help in improving their Hubscore.  A vote up is like a pat in the back, saying "Well done, dude!"

Most of our visitors are not hubbers, so it is a good idea to remind them that if your article was helpful to them, to let you know by voting up your article or leaving you a comment.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I have to agree that I think it looks a bit desperate.