jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

So, is keyword research and backlinking just as relevant post-Panda?

1. BennyTheWriter profile image89
    BennyTheWriterposted 5 years ago

I'm reading all these depressing conversations about how Google's algorithm update is demolishing traffic, and it's mind-boggling.  What's the best strategy to pursue, then--or what should be our top priority?  Great content of course, but how do we get it in front of enough eyeballs to make a difference?

1. Suzanne Day profile image97
      Suzanne Dayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's interesting, but I posted a few links of hubs new to Facebook post-Panda (even though I'd done them a few months ago pre-Panda) and they are getting more clickthroughs and more income.....so maybe it would pay to "recreate" backlinks? It's working for me...

2. kschang profile image91
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Keyword density is important. Don't overspam, but don't skimp on keywords either. See my topic "Observation on Keyword Density"

2. Garrett Mickley profile image81
    Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago

Good quality backlinks are always my top priority (after good content, but that shouldn't be a priority as much as a necessity).

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Yes, backlinks and keyword are still just as important.

The take away from Panda on Hubpages should simply be that they took a hit under the new algorithm. Many Sites were not affected, the same rules still apply.