jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Benefits of using HubPages Referral Trackers?

1. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 8 years ago

Here is my experience of URL trackers.  I've been with HubPages around 8 months and have only written around 30 hubs.  In that time I've also received 25 signups using my trackers who have in turn produced 201 Hubs.  These Hubs have, in turn produced just over 100,000 page views.  My 10% impression share is therefore around the same size as my share from my own hubs during this period.

In addition I've also received further impressions from links in my hubs, blogs or elsewhere on the Internet.  What am I saying here?  Well, you don't have to rely on your own hubs alone but can earn a significant proportion of your total adsense income via links to other hubs or getting readers to signup fro HubPages.

Before you ask, I know some of you are asking if HubPages has made me rich.  Of course not.  I'm here to have fun, learn, write and network with interesting people but have yet to receive my first $100 payout! 

2. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 8 years ago

I too get referral sign ups. But , bad luck for me, because none of my referrals published hubs.

If any of my referrals publishes hubs, i too would have got additional revenue like you.

3. Karen LaVelle profile image59
    Karen LaVelleposted 8 years ago

I am not only new to writing hubs, I am new to understanding how to use the links in order to utilize the referral trackers.
    Could you explain how we link to the other hubs of hubpages, and/ or can we post our hub widgets on other peoples hub pages or post other people's widgets on our hub pages? 
    I send a lot of off-line people over to read the hub pages, but whether they sign up on my page or not, I cannot tell.  I would like to be able to know how many referrals are coming off of reading my pages...I did refer one person who signed up immediately and wrote 3 hubs, but I don't know if I got credit for that.  Could I get a more indepth explanation of referrals and links, please...would sure be appreciated!   Thanks!     =o)

4. 0
    cvaughn570posted 8 years ago

Hi Karen,

There are two very good explanations written on hubpages for you. This should help to give you a better understanding of how referrals and tracking work.

I hope they help,