jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Hub Hopping feature suggestion/question

1. Jeff Berndt profile image91
    Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago

So when I hop, I often find hubs that are:
    * Spun or poorly translated
    * Overly Promotional
    * Low Quality
    and
    * Deceptive or miscategorized

I have been just flagging them once, and noting in the comments that there's also a good case for the others.

My question is this: Should I continue as I have been, or should I start flagging the bad hubs multiple times if they're bad in multiple ways?

My suggestion is this: might there be a way to code the flag feature so that hoppers can "check all that apply?" Would this be helpful to the staff or make life harder? I ask as someone ignorant of both the code involved and the back-end process followed when a hub gets flagged.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Jeff, all flagging does is bring the Hub to the attention of a moderator.  Telling the moderator why you flagged the Hub gives them a clue - but if the Hub truly needs flagging, it will be bleeding obvious to the moderator what the problem is, without you making any comment at all!

So I would definitely say - flag only once.  Personally I would tick the most obvious transgression and not worry too much about commenting - they only have to break one rule to get unpubbed.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I'm sure flagging it once and adding a comment helps. I usually take a look at the profile to see if it's a pattern and flag the profile if necessary.  But I don't use the hopper, I use the latest hubs feed.

If it's not obvious, I don't flag it.

3. Jason Menayan profile image59
    Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago

Marisa is correct. You can add a comment that "also deceptive, etc." - the moderators do read the comments - but you only need to flag a Hub once to have a moderator have a look.

1. Mutiny92 profile image84
      Mutiny92posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Jason - is there any guidance or clarification forthcoming on the website url titled pages?  Or the website "review" or website "login" styles?

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
        Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes - if the title is deceptive, meaning it doesn't describe what the Hub actually is, then it should be flagged as "Deceptive Title."

Website "reviews" are OK if that's what they are; website "login" is, in most cases, not.

1. Mutiny92 profile image84
          Mutiny92posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks!

working