jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

New to the game with the wrapping still on!

1. Mr S. profile image61
    Mr S.posted 5 years ago

Please go easy, I'm learning the ropes...or should I say hubs?

I'm keen and want to crack on building some nice hubs. Any feedback, tips or help would be tremendous!

Thanks in advance.

Mr S.

1. Barry Silver profile image60
      Barry Silverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Write to what you know, Promote to whom you know. Find Hubbers in your area, follow and learn.

1. Mr S. profile image61
        Mr S.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cheers Barry!

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to do some exploring and chek out some hubs.

Have a good day!

2. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Your first text capsule needs to be longer; this will result in the big google ad moving up next to that capsule right at the top of the hub.

Suggest you flush the Amazon ads to the right; several such ads in the center of the hub are quite distracting and annoying.  Same thing for the link to the unsigned guide and your own band, and you might color them then.

"Writing the next hit" heading with nothing but a small picture looks decidedly odd.

Many hubbers will advise against a large picture as the first capsule.  I'm not so sure about that, but it is something to think about.

You have made a very good beginning, and have learned to used capsules instead of one long text string - a good thing.  Keep writing and learning - it will come together.  I predict a bright future for you.