jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

The specified URL was not recognized

1. The Mother Load! profile image79
    The Mother Load!posted 8 years ago

Hello,

Very new here.  Trying to embed a youtube video on my page, followed directions, blah,blah, blah and finally got the html code, copied and pasted, and it said "the specified URL was not recognized" in the video capsule.  Why? Why? Why?  3 hours later, Why? Why? Why?

Sorry, a bit frustrated.

2. SunSeven profile image64
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

Did you try using the URL of the video?

1. The Mother Load! profile image79
      The Mother Load!posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you SunSeven. No, I just tried that a few hundred times, and still not working.  I set up an account with YouTube, followed the instructions for "sharing playlists with others", I followed the instructions for "embedding", I copied and pasted the html code below the "Embed:" heading, and then I pasted it to the hubpage video edit box where  it asks for the url or whatever. 

Ugh. This has been an entire day I have wasted on this! 
      Anyother suggestions?
      Thanks.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You don't use the embedding code, just the URL of the page is enough.

2. SunSeven profile image64
        SunSevenposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Just a hint of doubt. Didn't you hit the preview button after pasting the URL or the code?

3. The Mother Load! profile image79
    The Mother Load!posted 8 years ago

Hello all you helpful people!!!

I finally got it to work!  Next question IS....... How do I move the video to the left of my hub article, instead of way down at the bottom.  I know about the directional arrows, but they only seem to move the video around at the very bottom at the end of my article? The same question applies to amazon and ebay capsules, am I allowed to move them up along side the hub article and if so, how , Please. And---- is there a limit to how many YouTube video's I can display on my topic(hubpage).

Thank you all so much!

4. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 8 years ago

Well done smile

working