jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Thrumming my pain on the table...

1. Sparhawke profile image61
    Sparhawkeposted 5 years ago

Have you ever found yourself staring blankly at the computer screen not having a clue what to write?

I hit that wall daily it seems, it is not that I am lazy, it just seems that when I sit down to think of something it appears that I really don't have that many original thoughts lol

What do you do to come up with topics?

Even if you do broad range interrests, or niche interests or product reviews, how do you choose what to work on next?

The only thing I really know are books, but the problem with that is spoilers constantly...

I am stuck for topics, not for lack of bovine scat, but because I really do not know that much and haven't had any direct experience with much that anyone would understand...so how do you do it?

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My problem is the exact opposite.  I have too much to write about and scads of already written articles just waiting for accompanying photos I've yet to take.

But this is just my experience.  We are all different in our interests and abilities, it seems.  smile

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Here's what I would do, if I didn't already have several file and notebooks full of ideas:

I would start scanning the homepages of Yahoo!, MSN, AOL (I guess - I've never been there, lol), HubPages, and anywhere else some interesting articles are posted.  I would read or at least scan the ones that interest me, and jot down questions I have about any of them or my reaction to what I have read.  Voila!  there are some ideas for Hubs!

I would also take note of every single thing I search for on the web, when I am looking up something, because if I am looking for it there's a good chance others are too.  Then, I would see what angle of that subject I feel has not been adequately covered.  More topics and ideas!

Those are the places I would start.

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I get tens of potential topics popping into my head each day. Unfortunately, I rarely manage to clear enough time to write hubs, since I need several hours to produce just one. Trying to do this alongside freelance translation is pretty nigh impossible.

4. chenderson00 profile image60
    chenderson00posted 5 years ago

I've had this problem a lot myself lately. I work full time in retail, so writing has always been a hobby that made me money. I become dependent on eHow (I was a loyal writer there) and when the site changed over I left eHow and came here.

As you can see, I don't have many articles here. I try to write and I get so frustrated that I give up too son. I have so many ideas but I can not focus on one topic -- I end up loosing it all and come up blank.

Ever since Google changed over I feel that I just haven't had success for any topic earning me a penny, let alone a few dimes. LOL. Therefore, I feel like I'm failing. It's frustrating. When this happens, I turn to my upfront payment sites with assignments to write. It helps get me back on track.

But as far as coming up with my own ideas and keyword researching as of lately --- I fail. I'm in the same boat.