jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Day#2-The Tornadoes are early! Worse expected tonight.

1. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

The Tornadoes broke out quickly and a couple of hours earlier than expected. Already 4 warnings very close by. Hail in these storms and told to expect very large hail.

So, if I disappear for a while...it will probably be because of the storms or loss of power.

These storms tonight are suppose to come in waves until morning.

Already TV reports of 10 deaths from last evening & night storms here in Arkansas.

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Goodness, Michael!  We'll all be thinking of you and your fellow Arkansans - sending good thoughts and prayers your way.  Stay safe! and keep us informed when the danger is over.

Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Will do. Got TV and radio on weather. Hail reports in surrounding areas are 2' up to 2.5" so far.

2. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How sad. Keep us posted you are a good news reporter. smile

Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have 3 Facebook TV Stations all open. lol
        May end up going somewhere if things get to bad here.

3. Donna Suthard profile image83
      Donna Suthardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Tornadoes are frightening.. when  I lived in Indiana,  I did not have a storm cellar.  A friend would call us and say a tornado is heading straight for us. There was no place to go in a wooded country area..i would sit down on the floor and pray and mediate, that we were safe.. My prayers were answered..It was stunning to see the damage wrought by these storms. Huge Oaks were ripped out of the ground..all along my neighborhood..this was nothing compared to what people are going through now. My heart goes out to all these people, and all the people across the world..

2. Ken Barton profile image60
    Ken Bartonposted 5 years ago

I hope the storms fizzle out before they spawn anymore tornado's or do any more harm. Keep your head down and be safe, we'll be praying for everyone's safety through these days.

3. DIYweddingplanner profile image92
    DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago

We're still having some spectacular lightning and thunder here and have since the middle of the night.  The weather says possible large hail...welcome to  sunny South Carolina!

The pictures from Alabama were frightening!