jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Table Capsule Help?

1. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Since the table capsule doesn't allow for columns of varying widths, some long words have to wrap inside the cell.  Is there any way to force a break at a specific point?  In one, I used a hyphen, then < Enter > and it divided at that point. I tried the same thing in another cell, and it didn't work.  Any suggestions?

EDITED:  This post originally hid " < Enter > " - I guess because I did not include spaces and it was read as html tags.  I assume.

2. Aficionada profile image94

I appreciate the link, but I certainly didn't see any answer to my question in that blog.  Did I overlook something?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image85
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry I thought maybe if you imported a table from excel you may find it easier. I just went into one of my hubs to see if I could change the widths but I was unable to do so.

Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for trying! smile

I noticed in the example that they gave in the blog post that the words wrapped in the cells.  But there were obvious spaces that created the line breaks.  I think there must be a way to do what I want; I just haven't found it yet.  sad

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

I've only tried to use a table a few times, and I've given up every time! 

Actually, that's not true - I do have one table on my Sevillanas Hub,and I needed the HubPages team's help to get it to work.

Bottom line - don't use a table unless you really have to, they're just a headache!!

4. Aficionada profile image94

Thanks, Marisa - I think!  lol  lol

I don't use them often, and for most of the things I use them for they work just fine.  Maybe I just need to contact the staff directly about this.  I really had hoped one of them would see this thread and add their two cents' worth.

5. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

I add table to some of my hubs, but I don't know how to change the width.  That would be nice.  If you find out how, please do share.  Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that the width cannot be changed, period.  What I'm trying to do is to force the word wrapping inside the cell to break a word at the point where I want it to break.  I have my own idea about the way I want the words to look.   What's so odd is that I was able to create one break the way I want it, but the others are not cooperating, even though I'm doing the same thing.

6. mdlawyer profile image59
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

That's a problem with tables capsule.

What I don't understand is why it worked one time.

working