jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

flagged as overly promotional, but not

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image62
    Glamorously Jacobposted 5 years ago

I wrote an article that was flagged as overly promotional, but it's not.

I am only allowed to have a maximum of two links in my article to the same site and two links is all I used.

However, my photos come from the site I'm referencing, so I used those links as my source links in order to attribute credit for those photos (totally separate item from promoting a link).

I'm assuming the photo source links may be what triggered the moderator.

What should I do? Uncredit the photos?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Under Creative Commons, you don't have to put the credit on the actual photo, and you don't need a separate credit for each photo.

You can solve the problem and still fulfil your obligations by having a line something like:

Photo Credits:  All photos courtesy of .....  Usually, you would make the website name a live link, but as you've already provided a couple of links to the site, that woudln't be necessary.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the links associated with images count towards the total number of links to a single domain.

Perhaps you could simply mention the images come from the site, without actually giving a link?

Not sure though.

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that would do the trick.

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

All links, no matter if they are on a photo or text box, count toward the limit.

Maybe use photos from a different site if you can?

4. Glamorously Jacob profile image62
    Glamorously Jacobposted 5 years ago

All, thank you! I fixed smile