jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

1. wakes profile image69
    wakesposted 5 years ago

Hello, I just signed up for hubpages. How do I start writing hubs? thanks

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this
    2. Daffy Duck profile image62
      Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

First you need to go to the "start a new hub" button at the top of the page.

Pick a title and then what category to stick your hub in--family, pets, entertainment, ect.

Then you need to pick a format.  It doesn't matter which one you pick at that time, because you can always edit the format during the edit stage.

Now you need to select tags for the hub.  They will help link your hub to other hubs with similar content therebye giving you more circulation.  Pick at least 2 tags.  You can choose from the ones that they suggest or you can simply write in a key word in the box to the left of their choices.

After that click on the button to go to the next step.  You will need to type in the security words.

When you reach the edit stage you will have text and photo capsules.  When you are ready to add text click on the edit button on the text capsule.  After you are done with the text click on save.  Do the same for the photo capsule if you have a photo.  IF you want to remove the photo capsule or any other capsule just click on the red x on that capsule.

There are other capsules at the top of the edit page on the right.

When you are done editing go to the top of that page.  You will see 3 buttons.  One is "publish unfinished"  Click on that one if you are not finished editing the hub and need to come back to it later.  If you are completely fiished then click on the "publish now" button.

Good Luck.

2. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! My first suggestion if you haven't done so already is to go to the learning center and read the information there. If that has already been accomplished, then look up at the top of this page to the start a new hub highlighted and click on that and follow the directions.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Here are the links that you need to read up before you start writing . Welcome to HubPages smile

and http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

4. mdlawyer profile image59
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! You may follow the links suggested by sofs and learn the process.

5. Rosie2010 profile image84
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Hi wakes, welcome to Hubpages!  Before you write your first hub, go to learning center first and learn a few things.  That's what I did and after five months, I'm still learning.  I wish you the best here in Hubpages.