jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Did anyone notice change in url format of hub in search resuslt pages?

1. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

Today occasionally I searched one of my hub on google and surprised to see the change in url pattern of the hub

Normal pattern

hubpages.com/hub/title of the huh

Changed pattern

hubpages.com/category name of the hub

I don't know when it has been changed and why it has been changed?

1. delonix profile image60
      delonixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, there is no any change in the url pattern of the hubpages.
      It is still the same.

1. 0
        TopUniverseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Note that your first hub has been indexed in the similar fashion.

2. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes I've noticed that too over the last few days, but only on search results for some hubs.

3. Hovalis profile image88
      Hovalisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes. I posted a thread about it, too a couple of days back. That thread was totally ignored. smile

Not only Hubpages, but also Squidoo and I have noticed shopping sites like Amazon as well. In fact on these search results there are two sets of URLs one for the article itself, and the one below which seems to be for the category only. On a normal listing there is only one hyperlinked link to the URL for the article. I would not be surprised if we are losing even more direct traffic because of this.

2. R-J-T profile image61
    R-J-Tposted 5 years ago

Ye I have also noticed this. I have also seen one of my hubs with a ww.hubpages.com/hub/keyword.

3. lexindica profile image61
    lexindicaposted 5 years ago

May be, Google Algorithm is indexing user generated content websites in different manner. There should be few words from Hubpages on this very important issue.

I have checked, google is maintaining the same url pattern for some newspaper articles like The Times of India. The Times of India, the world most selling English Newspaper, has reported 60% growth in organic traffic after Panda update hits India. So, this may not affect direct traffic.

1. tritrain profile image78
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure its due to the algorithm update.

I'd love to hear from HubPages too.  It could mean a higher level of importance should be placed on keyword choice and to make sure the categories are accurate.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Blog archives can be listed in a similar way, as a stand alone and as part of a tag or archive.  It doesn't seem to affect pagerank.