New Hubber... But I Can Take It!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Rockchick profile image62
    Rockchickposted 15 years ago

Hey guys, I am completely new to hub pages.  I have created about 4 of them... my first few aren't great, but I think I am getting there.  Here's my latest, would love to know if you can offer me any tips/advice - especially from you guys that have been here a while - you would have seen new hubbers come and go...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-Your-Ex-Back-Now-guarantee

Anyways, that's it, let me know what you think.

Cheers smile

1. n1pi profile image59
      n1piposted 15 years agoin reply to this
  2. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Hi fellow Kiwi.  I assume you are attempting to make money on the internet - as you are promoting affiliate products.  You have chosen 2 of the most competitive niches out there - it can take years to rank for weight loss - find something more realistic. 

Hubpages does allow self-promotion - but you have to be subtle and provide an decent length article (800 words plus works best in my experience) and provide value for your reader 

And Im sorry no-one over that age of 14 (or is it 12 these days?) is going to believe that you can guarantee to get an ex back - last time I checked humans still have freedom of choice - do your self a favour and find some decent products that people actually want to use and solve their real-world problems! You might find my hub on Internet Marketing at HubPages helpful

Rockchickposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lissie, thanks for your comments - I have noted them smile
      As for the ranking - actually you will find that 2 of my pages (ways to save a relationship & the how to get your ex back now) are both on Google's front page if you search those terms. You're right, it is a very competitive market - but I believe getting on the front page of Google certainly helps you out big time.  So, in that case, why not go in one of the most competitive niches - there's obviously a call for it right. wink

Actually, I believe that when people do want to get an ex back, that their emotions over-rule their head and they end up doing/saying things that just make things worse or end up stalking their ex.  I think when they are 'guided' by someone outside the situation - someone that is in the right headspace, then they can learn how to control their emotions and put effective plans into motion so that they rekindle that romance.

But thank you for your views.

Nice to meet a fellow Kiwi wink

3. compu-smart profile image89
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages RochChick!smile
    &
    Very good advice from Lissie;)

Rockchickposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for the warm welcome wink

4. Brainstormer profile image59
    Brainstormerposted 15 years ago

Rockchick welcome. I think you are destined to make a lot more money out of the internet than I ever will. That is if you don't become disillusioned first. Best of Kiwi luck to you.

Your hub came accross as a bit blatant for what seems to work at Hubpages and a bit short in wordcount.

I loved the way you fought back to Lissie's comment but this forum is about asking for advice and getting it, both barrels. Why do you think I am not brave enough to put one of my hubs up here. Lissie in regards to subtlety and word count I believe has the right (or is that write) of it.

Big hug from me too and go get em.

Cheers

5. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 15 years ago

Welcome

6. Julie-Ann Amos profile image65
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years ago

My two cents worth is it's too short and too promotional.  Either of those isn't an issue, but both together makes the reader feel conned (in my opinion).

7. hot dorkage profile image75
    hot dorkageposted 15 years ago

Welcome to hub pages.  I think before posting here you might benefit from reading the FAQ's

Lissie and the others were diplomatic. I'm going to be blunt here.    I HATE this hub in the worst way and all others like it.  The best thing to do with this hub would be to delete it.  I find it inappropriate   therefore,  I flagged it.    WHY?   All it is is a spammy shill to sell a product.   I thought hub pages disallowed hubs like this.      There is a difference between somebody saying, hey you got a problem, I have the secret solution for ONLY $37.95 I'll let you in on it , and somebody actually giving you worthwhile information and having  related products or books on the hub.    Your hub gives Nothing, and testimonials prove NOTHING, I can make them up by the dozen.  It's a commercial where I didn't expect or want one.   If you want to run ads you should pay for them.

Having said that,  this seems to be the way to make money off of poor fools.  There's a sucker born every minute.  If you got this on the first page of Google more power to you.  I'd like to see what search terms you used to bring it up, I notice you didn't tell us.

8. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL HD did beat me to this smile

Starting from the very title, this hub screams scam. You can do better than selling lies, just get rid of it.

9. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

Hey Rockchick,

This Hub is very, very promotional...and I see that you've posted pretty much the same content in a couple other places. Not sure that a whole lot of people will get anything out of a Hub like this...

At the very least I would say that you could write a Hub that would be something like '10 myths about getting back with your ex' and write something a little more entertaining/informative.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)