jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Problem writing a hub

1. Sulabha profile image81
    Sulabhaposted 5 years ago

Dear forum,
    I had filled details of my blog 2 days ago, namely Blog title -Eve's View and Blog Id EvesView_hub, etc. etc. Last 2 days I have been wanting to write a serious Hub, but I have been made to fill this form again and again. Not just that, every time I get stuck while filling the Web Address. I really don't know what has been approved as my web address.
    Today, I happened to start a blog.  But I was interrupted by power cut. So I tried to save it. But after 5 minutes, when I tried to get back at it, it was not possible.
    It is down right torturing.
    I want a more user friendly hub.

1. tritrain profile image76
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HubPages is not a blog.

If you are interesting in blogging then I suggest Blogger.com or Wordpress.org.

1. 0
        Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And it is user friendly to the point of ridiculous. Read the rules, don't be in a rush. Other than title of your hub, do not write everything right into the text section. Write it somewhere else, (Word, Pad, whatever writing program you have), save it and then you can copy it into the text section of your hub place. You are guaranteed then that everything will be safe from losing for any reason, power outage, pressed the wrong button, etc.

2. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sulabha , as Tritrain said this is not a blogging site, this is an article submission site.  Please read the following before you start writing your hubs
      and http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/
      You have step by step information as to how to start a hub and all that you need to know.
      The URL that you may have registered could be opened from  My Account  (top right of your page) you will see the title of your hub if it was indeed registered.
      Welcome to HubPages smile

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I agree, it is not a blog. There is no need to fill out the URL (address) manually. Simple type in a suitable title, then a URL will automatically be generated for you.

3. Sulabha profile image81
    Sulabhaposted 5 years ago

Thanks for your useful tip. I also went through the three sites. I have also published one hub after that.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congrats on your first hub smile

You have a comment capsule after three lines which makes it look like your hub is just three lines.
      You need to edit and delete the  comment capsule from the top. ( You have one at the bottom already)
      It may help you to read a few hubs, so you know how it is done..
      the introduction about yourself needs to go into your profile page ..
      In the hub you need to talk about the subject you are dealing with ..
      This is just meant to help . smile

4. seanorjohn profile image81
    seanorjohnposted 5 years ago

Sulabha, your first hub has only 3 lines. You need to add more content. You should unpublish it before it gets flagged. You can then add to it and publish it when you are ready. Good luck.