jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is It Okay to Put Your Own Link to Own Hub in Answers

1. BlissfulWriter profile image85
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

In the HubPages "Answers and Question" section, it is okay in the answer to provide a link to one of own Hub article?

What about in the Forum section?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image85
      BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What about putting own links in the comments of other people's post?  Is that okay?

1. ThelmaC profile image91
        ThelmaCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

BlissfulWriter I'm glad you asked that question.  I am new and was wondering the same thing.  Hope someone gives us the answer.

2. Neverletitgo profile image74
    Neverletitgoposted 5 years ago

I don't think it is okey to put your own link someone's post.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If in doubt, don't.  In the forums links to hubs you have are not allowed other than in the hub critique subforum.

4. Harvey75 profile image61
    Harvey75posted 5 years ago

General rule of thumb.

Only drop a link if it is relevant to the topic.  Reading about how to make strawberry ice cream.  You got a post on making the world's greatest chocolate ice cream, drop a link. You hove a post on why you like purple shirt fridays, don't link.

5. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

This thread is still in need of the precise answer from someone who knows the answer for certain.  I don't happen to know for certain, so I'm not going to pretend I do.  On HubPages "general rule of thumb" isn't necessarily what to go by, so I'd go with what psychskinner said ("when in doubt don't do it")

Just a note on the link-posting thing in general:  So many people are under the impression that posting a link in things like other people's Hubs is OK as long it's "relevant".  That's not necessarily true, as a lot of link-posters often discover.  These days people are going to be more careful than ever about what links get posted where on this site.