jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Toying with Two Titles, Which Do You Like?

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image60
    Glamorously Jacobposted 5 years ago

I'm writing a hub about the various jewelers who make men's jewelry. It's designed as an introduction for men who probably know very little about this topic.

So far, I've come up with two possible titles. Which do you think is better?

1) Who Makes Men's Jewelry?
    2) Introduction To Men's Jewelry

1. celebritie profile image77
      celebritieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think "introduction to mens jewelry" would be the best title. Because then it can be a tutorial.

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

Have you done any keyword research on either phrase? That's probably the real answer you're looking for.

Could you turn it into a Top 10 Jewelry Makers or How is Jewelry Made title?

I did a quick adwords search on both and got no measurable traffic results. "How is Jewelry Made" comes up with 1600 global searches per month and low competition. I'm sure there are much better terms too (although a low competition term can be a good thing, so someone might jump on that or explain why he shouldn't). However, I didn't do any fancy searching techniques and only barely know how to work the tool, so take that with a giant grain of salt.

All that said, I'd pick #2 from your list if you're not worried about search traffic and just want a nice title for your piece.

3. Glamorously Jacob profile image60
    Glamorously Jacobposted 5 years ago

Thank you both! I took your advice, #2 it is! Just published the article...