jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why is my Hub Score Dropping?

1. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

After publishing 55 hubs in 18 months, I always experienced Hub Scores going up from the 50 starting point.

Now I just published one where the score is going steadily down. 50 neutral 49 hmm 48 sad 47 yikes !!!

I would welcome any critisism, any ideas, any thoughts.

My Hub: Will Facebook's Privacy Policy Fool Goldman Sachs Investors?

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't worry about it too much - it tends to fluctuate over time - I've seen my newer hubs go down to 45 and then a day or two later go back up to 55.....over time, as they are quality hubs they will go up - just give it time...and continue to write quality hubs!

2. Peter Owen profile image61
    Peter Owenposted 5 years ago

I agree. Wait till next week to see how it is doing. It appears to be a quality hub and readers will find it.
    The system is a mystery.

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've always understood that it is a mystery intentionally, so that we cannot game the system but will instead just focus on writing high quality hubs - or at least try to do so big_smile.

3. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

Thank you everyone for all of your encouraging feedback. I'll just have to be more patient.

I guess I got worried http://www.stok.com/images/smiley-wondering.gif because I feel this is a very touchy subject as many people love Facebook and never knew how hard it is to get their privacy back. So I thought that might be why the score was dropping.

We'll see what happens. Thanks again to all of you for taking the time to check it out and giving me your thoughts. wink

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I don't use Facebook, and every once in awhile I'll have the Hub that starts at 50 and drops pretty much the way you've described.  I'm not sure I've seen one drop to 47, but I've seen 48.  I've always just assumed the first few readers voted it down.  Maybe that's incorrect.  THEN - if I get really paranoid, it even occurs to me that someone who "hates me" has been waiting for me to publish a new Hub, just so they can pounce and vote it down immediately!  lol  lol  (Who knows - maybe that's what happens for real.  smile)  When that happens it usually takes the first two/three days before the thing at least goes back to the 50 and starts doing better from there.  In all seriousness, it happens often enough that I just ignore it now.

1. Glenn Stok profile image98
      Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lisa, I just checked back on this thread after more than a week to discover your post. Thank you for that, but I have to say I don't think there is anyone who would dislike your Hubs. You are a well-respected writer here on HubPages.

My Hub has been doing better, which is why I haven’t checked back here (my bad). It actually moved up close to the level of my other top scoring Hubs. It's weird how a Hub that starts off the worst becomes one of the best. But obviously you are right. We never know what's behind it and there really is no reason to be concerned in the long run.

5. jessicab profile image62
    jessicabposted 5 years ago

Well my hubs has drop to 37 and then 40 to now 59, 60 and even 72 and its unbelievable.  I do not understand it.