jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Talk About Your Grandkids Here

1. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Per the request for some sort of interesting forum topics, I am opening this thread.  As a gramma-wannabe, I would love to hear about your g-kids.  Please share!

But I won't be around for awhile (suppertime right now).  I'll be back to read later, and I hope to see tons of wonderful stories then.  Please?

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Grands are awesome! I have eight - five boys and three girls. #8, pictured to the left, just turned 1 yesterday. My mom always said that grandkids are God's reward to you for not killing your own kids when they were teenagers! lol

Hope you get a bunch of grandchildren!!!

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Thanks, habee!!  I hope I will too, but it's looking like it will be a mighty long time before it comes about. 

You are very blessed, and the GK's you've shown in your profile pics (previous and current) are absolutely adorable! - and I love your mom's comment.  Hmm... maybe I'd better think about that and my life ? ? ? hmmmm.... neutral

Well, this was a good stab at a thread, but I guess there are more important things going on in the forums now, right?  LOL  - or maybe I should try Stevennix2001's approach ???? lol  lol  lol

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

It's great being a grandma!  I've got 3 grandkids, and they're all indeed "grand"!  The oldest one has a heart of gold and gets a kick outta the "Nancy" comics.  We laughed and laughed at one of them about two goldfish....the punchline was "you had me at 'blub blub'".

Another one is almost two years old.  She's so cute.  We play the game of hiding a small item in one hand behind our backs and then guessing which hand it's in.  She'll hide the item and then throw up her hands and say "..go?" as in "where'd it go?" and then holler "there it is!"

The last one is only a couple months old but she's adorable already.  Her older sister tries to put her little sis's diapers on her baby dolls.

Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How exciting!  I do love the two's - such a time of discovery and curiosity... and fun!

I hope you get to see them often. . . . ?

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not as often as I would like.  We live closer to the two younger ones.  I'm gonna have to buy a kids swimming pool for the backyard when they visit.  IF this weather ever actually turns into summertime! ha

I hope you eventually get lotsa grandkids and have a great time with them!

Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!!

4. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 5 years ago

A pool is a great idea for kids. I spent yesterday afternoon in mine with 5 of the grands. Most of them learned to swim at the age of two because they were in the water so much!

5. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Just be aware than grandchildren see you differently to parents which offers some advantages such as time alone.

You can spoil them as much as you like too! smile

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Earnest!  I would never spoil my grandchildren!  Although our house does seem to have more candy than it used to.... smile

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Honest, I have to spoil them, otherwise the twins gang up on me.
        smile

6. DIYweddingplanner profile image89
    DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago

I'm rasing my grandson who's now 14 months old and the most adorable child that ever walked the face of the earth...in my opinion!  If I had known about him, I would've skipped having my older children and had him first.  I wrote a hub about him and there are some really adorable pictures there, but I'm not shamelessly self-promoting, just can't figure out how to post a pic here. smile

working