I have been a member of Hubpages for a while. I have a bunch of hubs, published on various accounts, and since the Google slap, have noticed that my hub views, which weren't all that great before, have now dropped to almost nothing. On average, I seem to be getting about 1/2 a view a day per hub.
I have done the math, and know that to make money with Hubpages that is worth the time and effort of writing Hubs, I would need to get 5 views per day, per hub.
However, I cannot seem to get this kind of traffic. Here are some of the things that I have tried.
1) Getting a large number of back links for 5 of my Hubs (40+ Backlinks). It did increase my traffic a little before the Google slap, but now they are getting the same as every other hub.
2) Writing hubs centered around keywords getting at least 25,000 searches per month according to the Google Adwords Keyword Tool.
3) Going after keywords that have less than 10 allintitle and allinurl results.
4) Writing a long and comprehensive hub that incorporated every keyword related to the main keyword according to Google Adwords Keyword Tool (was around 5000 words and had around 60 keywords embedded in it)
5) Bolding my main keyword and cousin keywords in the text.
6) Linking my hubs to each other, with one Hub linking to four others.
With all of this stuff that I have tried, I have not yet been able to consistently research and write hubs that get at least 5 views per day. If anyone has any instructions or advice on how to do this, especially those that are actually able to consistently research and publish hubs that get at least 5 views per day each, please tell me how.
I would appreciate it very much.
If I could figure out this "magic formula" of researching keywords for a hub, and writing it so that it gets at least 5 views per day per hub, I would finally be able to make money from Hubpages.
If you happen to be able to get 5 views per day per Hub minimum, perhaps you could answer the following questions for me.
1) Do you choose keywords based around products or have some other method. For instance, do you write a hub on "the best skin cream" or choose a different non-product topic like "how to burn a CD"
2) How many views per month does the Google Adwords Keyword Tool say that your main keyword is going to get?
3) Do you incorporate cousin keywords (keywords related to the main one according to the Google Adwords Keyword Tool) and if so, how many?
4) How long on average are your hubs?
5) Do you check the top results in Google for your keyword, and if so, how many inbound links on average do your competitors get?
6) Are there any other methods that you use to check the viability of your keyword before writing your hub?
7) Do you link to other hubs of yours that are related?
8) Do you have any tips on writing the hub itself. For instance, putting your main keyword in both your first and last sentence.
9) Do you link out to other websites in your hub and do you add a no follow tag to amazon products advertised on your hub (if you use amazon)
10) Do you build links, and if so how many do you create per hub and where do you get them from?
Thanks very much for any advice anyone can give.
I have not and major success until recently. I found that posting regularly, about one a day, will keep fresh traffic coming. That way, if someone new comes to your Hub and likes the content, they may come back regularly and/or follow you.
Also, I think you should put as many tags as possible, you can choose every tag under suggested links. You can still research keywords but this can still get you a lot of visitors from the lesser tags.
Have a great day
One major step you are missing is proper keyword research. The GWT can give you traffic data, but it only gives you ADVERTISER competition.
You need to find out about PUBLISHER competition, i would suggest using a free tool such as traffic travis until you get a bit of practice in finding low competition high traffic keywords.
I guess I shouldn't be posting here because my 460 odd hubs only get me about 1200 - 2000 views per day, which is less than 5 per hub.
In fact, I only have about 3 or 4 hubs that make up the majority of my pathetic views.
Guess the answer is to keep writing until you strike gold, then write more hubs around that keyword.
I'm still waiting to strike gold...
lol..I wasn't trying to exclude anyone or offend anyone by asking for those getting 5 views per day per hub consistently....I was just trying to find a formula for getting consistent views for each hub I publish. Your obviously doing something right if you are getting 1200 to 2000 views per day.
only about 10% of my hubs get 5 or more views per day
I couldn't agree with IzzM more!
I currently have 78 published Hubs and, despite doing some basic keyword research using Google's Keyword Tool, I haven't dialed it in.
With that said, I've been fortunate to have a few Hubs that have gotten upwards of a few hundred views a day (thanks to Google's keyword tool) and account for the lion-share of my traffic.
As of writing this forum post, my most recent HubPages analytics shows the following traffic to my Hubs using the "1 day" view.
1 Hub - 72 views
1 Hub - 21 views
1 Hub - 14 views
4 Hubs - 4 views
1 Hub - 3 views
7 Hubs - 2 views
15 Hubs - 1 view
48 Hubs - 0 views (ouch!)
I get about 2 views per day per hub = about 1 cent per day per hub. That might not sound like a lot but I figure I just keep making hub and once they are up they just keep earning. Making hubs about stuff I like is almost effortless so it all works out in the end.
I don't know, that's just how it averages out and pretty much always has.
Okay, here's my thoughts. I am not a big expert or a high earner, but I had a look at your hubs. The first one I came too had as its main keywords, a keyword phrase with less than 2,000 searches per month, but with super high competition (virtually maximum!) Some of the other keywords that the hub was based on, and there weren't many, didn't even feature in the hub! I looked at other hubs and the hub in question wasn't atypical.
The above is just an example. The general problem imho is that you have listed some great advice in your forum post, but failed to actually follow the advice diligently enough!
by Dorsi Diaz6 years ago
I was just wondering what hubbers considered as "good traffic" to one of your hubs? Some of my hubs only get a handful of reads a week, while others get consistently 75-100 reads a day. After looking at my...
by freelanceauthor6 years ago
Looking for fellow hubbers to share their best practices on how to get 100 views per day.I have several hubs that are consistently on Google's front page. Example:For keyword "Freelance...
by emdi6 years ago
how many page views per day does your best hub gets? I understand that most of you may be having several best hubs. I am just curious how many pages can a best written hub get
by Sherri4 years ago
I know this is a sad song, you've heard it before, but guess what? It's getting worse and worse and worse.Plus, some bug bit my left hand, it itches like crazy. I'm determined not to scratch (cortizone is near by,...
by College politico9 years ago
How many views do most people get on their hubs?
by kmackey325 years ago
Mine is and its awesome... Earnings are great too... sorry I am soo excited.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.