jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

1. Trish_M profile image87
    Trish_Mposted 5 years ago

Hi smile

Please can we have a 'rules' page that we can access by simply clicking on a link on our 'my account' page?

Not everyone knows the old rules ~ and the new ones are a mystery to many of us. They arrive on the forum ~ different areas, sometimes, I think ~ in dribs and drabs, and can easily be missed.

It is assumed that we will all know and understand them ~ but we don't, so we don't always understand the e-mails of complaint when we violate terms of service.

By the way, the TOS page is not a quick and easy read, so it does not take the place of a simple and straightforward 'RULES' page.

Thank you smile

If there is one, already, please let me know how to find it. thanks :

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For a quick list, my latest hubs sums up the known changes all in one place with links back to relevant posts/announcements/blog posts.

1. Trish_M profile image87
        Trish_Mposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good idea smile

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 5 years ago

Top right of page, help.

3. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

The Help is a River of information and just about every topic is covered there, but don't feel bad, I asked the same question about a week ago not realizing what was there.  When I actually looked I felt a little foolish.

4. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

The rules are changing rapidly in order to improve HP's status since the recent updates to the Google algorithm (known as the Panda Updates). We are all in this together and the requirements are just being discovered by all of us as we continue to adjust, change and improve our Hubs. HP defines new rules as the requirements are construed.

Google doesn't give definite clues as to what we need to do. If they did then spammers would "game" the system as they have been doing in the past. We are at the point in time when this comes to an end. In the interm, some of us will suffer. But if we work at keeping up with the changes, those of us that do...should survive.

With that said, let me mention that Simone Smith posted Recent HubPages Changes - Answers to the Forum Concerns Here in the Official HubPages Announcements. That should help.