No mention of RSS feeds or tags in Simone's post - please explain

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

I posted another question but staff haven't picked up on it, so let me try again with a more specific heading.

1. I have "overly promotional" warnings on several Hubs.  After some trial and error, I discovered the problem:  I had three RSS feeds (one to my related website, one to my related Hubs, one to a project like HubMobs or 60DC).  I cut it down to two, and the warning disappeared.

I've searched the site and I can't find any prohibition on multiple RSS feeds.

2.  Similarly, I believe several Hubbers have been hit for having a RSS feed to their own,unrelated Hubs.  Most people seem to be aware of this now - but again, where is it written down, please?

3.  I've seen a couple of people get picked up for using "nonsense tags".  Many of us have used these as part of projects (where participants are required to include an RSS feed to the project in their Hub) - it's the only way to ensure your tag is unique.  For instance, the original 60DC project used "60DC".

To add insult to injury, these are practices which were actively encouraged pre-Panda, so it's understandable that many Hubbers will have done the same - yet nobody has bothered to tell us it's a problem!   

In particular, I assume the tags are being moderated based on the existing rule about relevant tags - but unless the HP team has been living under a rock, surely they must have known the use of "manufactured" tags was widespread, and was never a problem pre-Panda. So surely an announcement, letting everyone know this had changed, would've been polite?