jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do text based Google Ads have a higher CTR than banner ads?

1. stuff4you profile image46
    stuff4youposted 5 years ago

I've heard this before. You'd think that banner ads would get a user's attention more.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I have read before that picture adverts are more likely to get clicks.

3. smanty profile image72
    smantyposted 5 years ago

That is really an interesting question. I'm not sure of actual statistics, but I tend to click banner and picture adverts rather than text adverts. I would be interested to see the actual statistics.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

It's contextual, you can only ever really be sure with testing.  I have seen it go both ways.

5. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 5 years ago

I have created my own ads inside Adsense, and I found that experimenting with colours of text in text ads showed promise. If the colour scheme of the website and the colour of test ads are harmonized, there is more of a likelihood they will be clicked by viewers. And against a white paper / page background seems to work well. I am experimenting with a non-white background on one site to see it it takes....

You just have to experiment, and watch your analytics on Google a d Adsense close. The presence of other ads like amazon or affiliates can throw results off a wee bit too.

Banner ads can do well sometimes. They both seem to work for me. Just my experience...