jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Paypal is not available in Pakistan. How do I use The HubPAges Ad Prog

1. greathub profile image75
    greathubposted 5 years ago

Hi All

Cant we use other services and earn revenue?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No - and as others have said, I would be very surprised if they change that.

The extra administration of an alternative channel for a small minority of Hubbers probably wouldn't be worth it for HubPages.

I've seen the same situation at other sites and there's no sign of any of them changing.

2. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

For now, you need Pay Pal to use HP Ads program.

In as long as you are already earning from Adsense, the cost of not having HP Ads program is not so much and you can comfortably forfeit it.

But how comes Pay Pal is not interested in doing business in Pakistan? Pakistan, I believe, is a huge economy that is capable of running profitable businesses including being ahead of countries such as India in terms of nuclear science.

3. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Paypal API being secure and easy to integrate, they're using it here on hubpages, IMO. I don't see any reason they're going to add any new payment processor any time in future. You can ask staff about it if they've any plans for that in future. Paypal has their own reasons for not choosing some countries because they're not ready to handle disputes (identity/money transfer) with govt. authorities. Not just pakistan but many other countries in africa are purposefully excluded from paypal.

1. umar.shehzad profile image60
      umar.shehzadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes this is frustrating for all Pakistani freelancers, cause not being able to have a paypal account hinders you from earning money online. but I have read somewhere some Pakistani users are using vpn's to get paypal and amazon accounts, but I don't know whther is it legal according to paypal rules. Even google does not allow pakistani hubbers to create a google adsense account targeted  for hubpages only (though you can have an adsense account if you have a domain registered) . but you can have an account specifically for hubpages after 6 months.