jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Google Stinks

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image60
    Glamorously Jacobposted 5 years ago

I've spent over 120 hours in the last 30 days writing very high quality hubs, but it just seems Google is not going to show me any love.

In fact, my traffic appears to be on the decline...

Me sad sad

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
      PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think I'm right in saying that a couple of people tried to explain to you in a previous forum post of yours that your high view figures that you were telling everyone about would likely decline because 1. You were doing a lot of work on Hubpages so that your own views would be included initially and 2. Views by hubbers naturally tend to decline after a week or so.  It is far too early to tell how your hubs will do with google methinks, as it can take months for hubs to mature.  I've got to be honest, your post seems more like a personal moan than a topic for discussion!

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image60
        Glamorously Jacobposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Busted, it is a personal moan. Yes, you guys did warn me.

Many of my hubs were ported over from my blog of 2 years (with steady traffic); I used 301 redirects when I moved the content, which I thought would maintain the ranks and traffic, but appears that may not have done the trick.

2. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Shhhh..... Manually load your URLs onto Bing AND Google - Again smile

2. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

At least you now have some "very high quality" hubs.

Imagine if you'd just written a load of old crap.

So, look on the bright side.

3. Garrett Mickley profile image81
    Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago

Shoulda spent some time hanging out with "Team SEO"

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I've been deleting rss feed capsules, and replacing them with links to hubs of similar subjects via link capsules.  I'm also writing shetoldme articles for a dofollow backlink to all of my good product type hubs, and even my historical opinion hubs.  These things are increasing my traffic. . .and not just with my own page views either - but I haven't made a dime on adsense in days.

5. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Google Stinks? I would say it's not the greatest at this point and I'm pretty sure Google is trying to work out many problems with many pages/websites/hubs/blogs, and the alike.

When you have over 300 Billion pages indexed and 90% are junk, due to their own neglect, then there are going to be problems.