jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Use Google Alerts to help you with your business.

1. work2bfree profile image60
    work2bfreeposted 8 years ago

What are Google Alerts.  Well, if you go to the google website. Located at the top of the screen, starting on the left-side of the screen, you will see links; such as, Web, Images, Maps, etc. You want the link that says more.  Click on the drop-down next to more. Select "even more" from the drop-down menu. 

Under Search, you see Alerts.  Select this. Now enter your search terms.  I suggest that you enter one at a time and it should be related to your niche or business.  For example, if your business is selling postcards, enter postcards or something related to postcards. For type, select Blogs.  How often is up to you.  Lastly, enter the email address you want the alerts sent to . 

You can select more than one search term.  What happens is that every day, week or as it happens, depending on the choice you made for how often, you will receive an alert from google. Inside these alerts, are blogs links that you can click on and read.  If you like the article, you can post a comment to the blog.  The great thing about this is that when you post a comment, you can enter your name, whatever name you are trying to brand on the internet and your url.  Try to make your comments useful and/or informative.  Your comments could remain out there for quite a while and you want others to be intrigued by your comment, thus causing them to seek more information about you and your business.

I hope this was helpful.

Much success to your endeavors....

Lawren Smith

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image81
      Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Lawren, you should write an entire Hub on this! I love Google alerts...but they definitely can fill up your Inbox if you pick a really broad subject.

2. wandererh profile image87
    wandererhposted 8 years ago

Great tip!  I have seen these on my sister's email but never bothered to check it out.

3. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 8 years ago

It is a nice practice to sign up for alerts. But, you have to be more specific when selecting the topic. If you select a Broader topic, your mail box will be filled with lot of alerts.

1. oxymoron profile image60
      oxymoronposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's also right smile

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I learned all about this from Ed Dale in the 30 Day Challenge, last month...

5. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

I just watched that 30 day challenge episode as well.  I'm trying to play catchup with the videos.