jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (20 posts)

Should I delete my hubs

1. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

I have some hubs that won't clear for publishing, they are older hubs which are considered substandard.  I just don't have the time or energy to put into reworking them as I don't see any future in it.

Is it okay to simply delete them?

katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Katie, you should know better than to put a link that is unpublished, no one can read it. hmm

I do know better just had a brain lapse

1. WryLilt profile image87
            WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I see no issue with it. If there's a link to an unpublished hub, put it into Google and if it's recent enough, you can see the cache. A trick I learnt for whenever a newbie comes into the forum complaining their hub was unpublished. smile

Edit: I looked at the cache and don't see the issue. If you remove say four of the Amazon items wouldn't they let you republish?

Hey Wry, my point what that there was no reason for posting the link in the forum. Nothing more, nothing less. It was an unpublished hub.

1. WryLilt profile image87
                WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok ok, you're right. Just being nitpicky and pointing out it's still available to look at. And if it's unpublished at least it's not self promotion!

But, my point was posting it was meaningless. I wasn't talking about it being self-promotion. I was looking at it from the stand point that no one could read it. tongue

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Katie, don't delete them, but leave them unpublished until which time you can move them elsewhere. smile

Good advice Cagsil, so I should just let them set for a while till they are no longer indexed and then move them?  Thanks Cags smile

Correct. When they are no longer indexed, then you won't have duplicate content when you post them somewhere else. smile

Cool then I can delete them here right?

If you already have them copied, so you can simply transfer them to another location, then feel free to delete them here. If you haven't copied them or saved them, then hold deleting them until you have done so. wink

Got it!  Thanks wink

You're welcome smile big_smile

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Katie, before you unpub/delete, check for plagiarism. Once you move them from here, it's going to be difficult to establish the first publish date if you have to file any DMCAs.

Thank you!

2. rmr profile image88
      rmrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good point! I was in a hurry to break ties with Bukisa and foolishly forgot to check for plagiarism before un-publishing. Big mistake!Now I have to rewrite a few of them before I can use them anywhere else.

1. Aya Katz profile image89
        Aya Katzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can you explain what the best way to check for plagiarism is?

1. rmr profile image88
          rmrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I usually just pop a few sentences from various parts of my hub into the search bar. There are also plagiarism checker websites out there. I like this one- http://www.plagiarismchecker.com/

4. andromida profile image74
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

I think you can revamp them and publish with different titles.

working